border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-04, 03:09 PM   #1
Big Mike

Question Don Cherry

What do you think of the supposed retirement (forced or not) of Don Cherry from the CBC?

I like him, it would be a great loss to see him go.

It seems lately he's being under fire for a lot of things he's been saying. It's too bad that some people have to pick on him when there are quite a few problems threatening our beloved sport.

Maybe if the NHL started listening to him rather than ignoring him & the rest of Canada...Hockey wouldn't be in such trouble.
Old 05-03-04, 03:16 PM   #2
Matt_K

It is too bad that the NHL is marketing the sport for the American and Euro fans.. (i mean nothing bad by that). If only they could see the puck and not need a flash following it around the ice or if they knew what icing was and didnt need flashy cartoons to show them what exactly the call was for, it wouldn't be where it is now.. Goals aren't the only thing people watch hockey for, are they??? I Know i could care less about the score of a game, so long as its fast paced and filled with hits and scoring chances..

As for Don Cherry, i really hope he doesn't retire.. I know i look forward to Saturday Nights 'Coaches Corner', it's the only reason i leave the channel on during intermission.. He's outspoken and doesn't care what people think of him, what you see is what you get.. I have had the pleasure of meeting him on a couple occasions and he's an awesome guy and loves to talk hockey.. Hopefully if he and the CBC part ways, he'll end up somewhere else..
Old 05-03-04, 03:29 PM   #3
corr

I'd miss Coach's Corner... I hope he stays.

Maybe he'll end up on Dave Hodge's show! LOL
Old 05-03-04, 03:32 PM   #4
gonesnakee
Veteran Member

It will be a sad loss for hockey as the man is a living legend. DON CHERRY FOR PRIME MINISTER!!!!! I'd vote for him LOL Mark
Old 05-03-04, 03:39 PM   #5
BoidKeeper

I don't get it? People love reality television but hate Don? It doesn't get any more real than Don C.
Cheers,
Trevor
Login to remove ads
Old 05-03-04, 08:11 PM   #6
SaIiLdVaEnR

Send a message via MSN to SaIiLdVaEnR
Don is everyone's outspoken grandpa who at every event says something controversial, but ya still gotta love him. The man is a Canadian icon, and frankly I find it hilarious and very insightful into the hockey world when I hear or see him.

Aidan
Old 05-03-04, 09:24 PM   #7
Jeff_Favelle

Send a message via AIM to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via MSN to Jeff_Favelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff_Favelle
Cherry's not going anywhere. Even the CBC isn't that dumb. Close, but not THAT dumb.
Old 05-04-04, 08:28 AM   #8
BoAddict

Send a message via MSN to BoAddict
look what happened with the ron maclean issue , us canadians will not let the cbc get rid of don cherry

Mike
Old 05-04-04, 04:13 PM   #9
tHeGiNo

I think, quite frankly, that people now-a-days need to grow the heck up, quit sucking on a bottle and stop being such whiners. God forbid should someone say something that is "politically incorrect."

Quote:
it's the only reason i leave the channel on during intermission..
I am sure you speak for us all man, at least me. The guy is an icon, they would be something further then stupid to get rid of him.
Old 05-05-04, 12:53 PM   #10
gonesnakee
Veteran Member

tHeGiNo are you suggesting that Don might not be Politically Correct? Well I'm offended by your lack of political correctness by stating this! LOL Mark
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread