border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > New to the forum?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-18, 04:24 AM   #1
loveforsnakes

Hi everyone

I am a PhD student from Centre for cellular and molecular biology (CCMB), Hyderabad, India and I have been working on snakes and their venom for past 3 years now.
Talking about my Ph.D. work, its all about getting the permission from forest department to collect snake venom, catching them from the field or rescue centers, extracting the venom from them in the least hurtful ways to both the parties, and safely bringing the venom to the lab for identifying what all proteins are there in it. My favorite part is the extraction of venom.

I m looking at venom variation in Saw-scaled viper from different geographical areas. These snakes like to be in undisturbed areas far from human habitation. These species are mainly active in the night time. The image was taken when it was resting under a laterite rock.

The purpose of joining the forum is to learn more and more about these reptiles and discuss whatever information I had gathered in these 3 years of my project. Hope to have interesting conversations
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread

Tags
phd work, saw-scaled viper, snake venom, snakes