border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > Natural Vivaria (Plant) Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-15, 11:07 AM   #1
SavannahPolson

Plants for high humidity BRB v

I want to make Bambi a naturalistic terrarium/vivarium. I know some plants can't survive the tropical 90% or above humidity, I have a great humidifier. I bought a ponytail palm, which the lady at nursery said would do great in high humidity, and it's not looking like it can handle that much humidity. She's only 23 inches long right now and I'll be upgrading her tank soon. Right now she's in a 20 gallon tank. She likes to climb. P.s. Has anyone tried growing their own moss for the hides?
Login to remove ads
Old 12-06-15, 03:15 PM   #2
Roman

Re: Plants for high humidity BRB v

Moss is tricky, it is sensitive to bright light, most (all?) kinds of moss are more or less plants preferring the shadow, so it might be difficult to keep it alive in a brightly lit enclosure.

For the other plants have a look--> http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/natur...errariums.html

My enclosures for the tiger ratsnakes (Spilotes pullatus) and the red tailed green ratsnakes (Gonyosoma oxycephalum) have a humidity of 90% or even more and all plants I described are growing quite good.

Roman
Old 12-07-15, 11:37 AM   #3
SavannahPolson

Re: Plants for high humidity BRB v

She's in a shadowed corner of my room. Can she climb on any of those? She surprises me all the time by bing on the ledge of the tank right inside the lid. I guess it gives her a snakes eye view.

Last edited by SavannahPolson; 12-07-15 at 11:49 AM..
Closed Thread

Tags
brb, epicrates, high humidity, rainbow boa, tropical