Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > General Python Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-18, 12:04 PM   #46
kazz

Re: very strange behavior of my python

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
What are the temperatures in her warm hide, cool hide and the high and low temps in the enclosure outside her hides?
warm hide is 32-33C. Cool side is room temperature. Now it's 20. She live 14 month like that.
Old 09-29-18, 02:56 AM   #47
kazz

today she didn't go to warm hide again. I took a branch with her and direct her in her hide. After a half of hour she was partially out and stay like that
Old 09-29-18, 06:02 AM   #48
kazz

Ok. I solved the problem and now she stays in her warm hide
So how did I do it ?
I closed side entrance to her hide and made it on the upper side. That's it.
1st Version. And now I don't know maybe it was too hot to breath ? When entrance is on upper side the air is moving from heater inside her hide through upper entrance. I don't think the snake is so stupid to don't find upper entrance if she want to go out ?
2nd Version. Version 1 can't be really truth bc she didn't just lay her head of part of her body outside making easy to breath. She was moving to glass again.

Last edited by kazz; 09-29-18 at 06:26 AM..
Old 10-01-18, 01:38 AM   #49
kazz

Well it's time for update.
She act herself the same way. Stay at daytime on branches, after going into her hide she com back to ram a glass ((
I can't direct her to hide-box every morning and closed her to prevent escape from her hide-bot to get warmth.
Old 10-03-18, 07:53 AM   #50
kazz

Update. I have moved her hide-box with heat pad on branches. It gives nothing. After 1 hour she come back ramming a glass.
Old 10-03-18, 10:14 AM   #51
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Kazz- What behavior is your snake displaying that you think is abnormal? If she has proper heat, food, water and hides she should be fine. I could be wrong but it sounds to me like you're trying to direct her to where you think she should be.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 10-03-18, 01:15 PM   #52
Andy_G
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
Kazz- What behavior is your snake displaying that you think is abnormal? If she has proper heat, food, water and hides she should be fine. I could be wrong but it sounds to me like you're trying to direct her to where you think she should be.
100%.

I see no problem here. You're obsessing over things that don't matter. Give the snake proper space, proper hides, proper temps, and proper humidity. Feed when needed, clean when needed, handle at your pleasure, and that's it. ANYTHING else is overthinking things. At this point I am not sure what you're looking for. Of course it will exhibit slightly different behaviour when you make changes to husbandry or it's cage. Once again normal.
Old 10-03-18, 02:21 PM   #53
kazz

Quote:
Kazz- What behavior is your snake displaying that you think is abnormal?
Winter is coming. The temperature can drop to 16C (as nocturne snake she lost her body's warmth at night ). It's Ok if snake will get a warmth during her sleep at day. But she don't go sleep and she don't get a warmth.
She will catch RI!

Actually carpet pythons get till 10C wile breeding and it's ok if they get warmth at day.

Last edited by kazz; 10-03-18 at 02:34 PM..
Old 10-03-18, 02:23 PM   #54
kazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
Of course it will exhibit slightly different behaviour when you make changes to husbandry or it's cage. Once again normal.
I didn't change something. Just replace one cardboard hide-box to another on the same heat pad.
Old 10-03-18, 03:28 PM   #55
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazz View Post
Winter is coming. The temperature can drop to 16C (as nocturne snake she lost her body's warmth at night ). It's Ok if snake will get a warmth during her sleep at day. But she don't go sleep and she don't get a warmth.
She will catch RI!

Actually carpet pythons get till 10C wile breeding and it's ok if they get warmth at day.
It's still fine. You do a great job of providing everything your snake needs now let the snake do it's thing. It knows when it needs heat and doesn't and will find it when it does.

This is like me going "well it's noon so it's lunch time and I proceed to shovel food into your mouth even though you tell me you aren't hungry because I know best. I know what you need/when you need it. Your body doesn't know." This is what you're doing to your snake.

Quote:
I didn't change something. Just replace one cardboard hide-box to another on the same heat pad.
I always found snakes don't like new hides and refuse to use them for a week or so after changing them.
Login to remove ads
Old 10-03-18, 04:15 PM   #56
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

If you provide the proper heating gradient the snake will use them as needed. I'd keep those ambient temps above 16C and closer to 23C during the winter months. As long as she has access to a hot spot at all times, or at least during the day, she should be fine. I give my carpets a hot spot year around but my temps do drop some during the winter and I feed them less.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 10-03-18, 04:32 PM   #57
kazz

EL Ziggy,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
It knows when it needs heat and doesn't and will find it when it does.
How long can a python be without heating with no risk to get RI ?
Old 10-03-18, 04:36 PM   #58
kazz

Quote:
I'd keep those ambient temps above 16C and closer to 23C during the winter months.
It will be 18-22C in a room. It don't depends on me unfortunately. Last winter was her fist winter and she was fine. But she got warmth every day time.
Old 10-04-18, 06:43 AM   #59
Andy_G
Forum Moderator

Quote:
...that changes a spot in the cage where they are supposed to feel secure, so yes you did.
Old 10-04-18, 06:46 AM   #60
Andy_G
Forum Moderator

Quote:
EL Ziggy,

How long can a python be without heating with no risk to get RI ?
If proper temps/husbandry is provided, this won't occur. With proper husbandry snakes will not make themselves sick. Your snake knows what it needs better than you do. That is what everyone is trying to tell you.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread