border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-15, 03:25 PM   #46
eminart

Re: Introducing Glitch!

Waaaay back in the day, when I was getting started with reptiles, I was very lucky to have lenient parents. However, my mom was, and still is, absolutely terrified of snakes. And she produced a son that has obsessed over them for most of his life. At first, I could only keep lizards and turtles in the house. Then, I eventually got my mom to agree to a tiny little ring neck snake. It just grew from there. She never liked them, but, she was such a good mom she let me have them in spite of her phobia. I need to thank her for that, officially. Anyway, break your parents in slowly. That's the best way to go.
“...the old ones ... knew in their bones... that death exists, that all life kills to eat, that all lives end, that energy goes on. They knew that humans are participants, not spectators.” -- Stephen Bodio, On the Edge of the Wild
Old 07-19-15, 03:41 PM   #47
DDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminart View Post
Waaaay back in the day, when I was getting started with reptiles, I was very lucky to have lenient parents. However, my mom was, and still is, absolutely terrified of snakes. And she produced a son that has obsessed over them for most of his life. At first, I could only keep lizards and turtles in the house. Then, I eventually got my mom to agree to a tiny little ring neck snake. It just grew from there. She never liked them, but, she was such a good mom she let me have them in spite of her phobia. I need to thank her for that, officially. Anyway, break your parents in slowly. That's the best way to go.
I understand. My parent are usually pretty lenient in most things. They were originally going to get me a garg geck but then literally last minute they said I could get a snake but slow and steady wins the race^.=.^
Old 07-19-15, 03:45 PM   #48
DDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_bug87 View Post
I guess... it does suck when the bills come in your name though
There are two ways you can look at it.
Old 07-23-15, 01:58 PM   #49
DDW

I fed her two fuzzy rats like I've been, she took it no problem (a day late because I moved her to another room, in the same enclosure though)

I got the thermostat, I've installed it and removed the heat lamp. The humidity has hovered around 51-52% and Ive goten a really good gradients going (the thermometers for the air temp are staying at the same spot but when I test with the infared reader the Temps are good on the surface) I have aspen for the next time I clean her cage out.
Old 07-24-15, 12:13 PM   #50
DDW

I still have not noticed any full poops from her. Do you think she is constipated? Should I put her in some warm water tommorrow?
Login to remove ads
Old 07-24-15, 02:22 PM   #51
lady_bug87
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to lady_bug87

As long as her temperature and humidity is good she'll poop when she's ready.
Old 07-24-15, 05:00 PM   #52
Albert Clark

Great job! Keep up the good work and just make sure to keep the enclosure clean and water bowl clean. The two main ways to steer clear of illness in your bp.
Old 07-24-15, 10:47 PM   #53
DDW

Thank you I will be giving her aspen bedding in the morning. That will make the humidity better.
Old 08-22-15, 12:27 PM   #54
DDW

Glitch took a full meal while in shed on Thursday and today had an almost flawless shed. No stuck shed that I could see at all. ^.=.^
Old 10-28-15, 05:17 PM   #55
DDW

UPDATE ON STUFF
------------------------------------
Glitch has grown a lot! She is now 357 grams and growing. I just got a package of 20 weaned rats for her(for 15% body weight because they are 35-49 grams each. this will keep her going for a while. I am thinking about increasing amount of time between feeding time because this would be a pretty good increase in feeder size. I have been feeding her every Sunday evening. What do you think? I will get a picture of her when I can.
Login to remove ads
Old 10-28-15, 05:52 PM   #56
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness

Congrats! Sounds like you're doing awesome!

I stopped counting at 30....
Old 10-28-15, 06:20 PM   #57
DDW

Thank you Mink ^.=.^
Old 10-28-15, 06:44 PM   #58
reptiledude987

7-10 days at that size feeders sounds about right.
1.1 Bredli Sarlacc/Rancor 0.1 Jungle carpet Shelia 0.1 hypo tangerine hondo amidala 0.1 ij carpet greedo 0.1 jag ij carpet maxine rebo 0.1 red western hognose gammorean 1.0 red tail boa boss nass 1.0 mbk Lando 1.0 asian vine higgins 0.1 asian vine wedge 1.0 cape file snake qui-gon jinn 0.1 checkered garter Doikk Na'ts 1.0 eastern garter Figrin D'an
Old 10-28-15, 07:05 PM   #59
DDW

7-10 days, Okay Thanks
This next Sunday will be when she gets her first "upgrade"
I've been thinking about bringing her to the vet for her first check up, but my resent health problems have delayed that. Also, When transporting in a kritter keeper, which do you think is better, a hidy box, or a cloth cover? I was thinking a cloth cover but I thought a box would make her feel more secure.
Old 10-28-15, 07:17 PM   #60
DDW

Is it weird that the first thing I thought when I first touched the frozed rats to separate them was "Wow, this fur is really soft" (which I see as a sign of good health but still) not "eww, dead rat" or "so creapy the way its mouth is slightly open" just "Dang, thats some soft fur on this dead frozen rat"
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread