border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Epicrates

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-15, 12:51 PM   #46
bigsnakegirl785

Re: Sanji

Well today was going to be his feeding day...but I think he's going into shed.

I'll give him another meal, maybe two, before I weigh him again, since he'll be a week or more late on his meal.

His colors don't really show up well in the photos, but you can see a bit of the back of his head, where his scales are separating. That's usually the best way to tell he's shedding outside of the blue phase.
Old 09-08-15, 01:59 PM   #47
Snakesitter

What a (cute) handful! ;-)
Website, Facebook
Old 09-08-15, 06:26 PM   #48
bigsnakegirl785

He really is!

Now he's a cute little angry blue ball of grumpiness. He went deep into blue today (this video is from the other night), and when I checked on him he was giving me little sneezy-huffs of discontentment. He's all huff and no bark, though. Just don't want to stress him out too much so I didn't bother him for long, but just listen to that! It's not intimidating at all. haha

Old 09-10-15, 01:58 PM   #49
Snakesitter

Awwww.... :-)
Website, Facebook
Old 09-10-15, 02:30 PM   #50
Wingbeats

LOL adorable. Chaska does the exact same thing sometimes when I begin scooping her up I love the little huffs.
Login to remove ads
Old 09-11-15, 07:23 AM   #51
bigsnakegirl785

I love how beyond huffing he isn't even acknowledging me. Like, "Don't touch me but at the same time I kinda give up on telling you to leave me alone. I know you won't do it." *small tear*

It's because I know you're bluffing, small one.
Old 09-16-15, 09:11 PM   #52
bigsnakegirl785

So despite being a week late due to shedding, he now weighs 108 grams.

I think what I will do is fluctuate his feedings, between every 7 and 14 days. Despite being late on feeding, he still gained weight nicely, but I'd like to see him pick up growth a bit at this point and it's stayed the same. So I'll feed small meals every other feeding, and feed bigger meals every time, with 7 days for the small meals and 14 for the bigger ones.

I'll probably do this until he's 2, instead of 1.5, unless I feel I should do something differently again.

No pics due to weather, but I'm hoping it will be a warm weekend.
Old 09-20-15, 04:06 PM   #53
bigsnakegirl785

Sanji came out to 2'4.5" in the photo I used with the best perspective, so he's a little shorter than I thought but not by much. I'll be increasing his food size slightly by feeding him the largest hoppers, but keeping him around 7-10 days. I don't think he's quite ready to move up to small mice yet, they're a lot bigger than hoppers and the biggest hoppers from my bag leave a large bump, the smallest leave a small bump.

Old 09-21-15, 02:13 PM   #54
Snakesitter

Looking like a happy boy snake!
Website, Facebook
Old 10-18-15, 06:25 PM   #55
bigsnakegirl785

Here's some updated pics. I haven't weighed him, I was going to give him some extra time after his most recent meal.

When he white walls, he gets a very light head, and there's little patches on his nose that gets really light that stands out against the rest of his face.

Look how big his cheek muscles are getting! They're simply bulging. o.o

Old 10-19-15, 01:30 AM   #56
toddnbecka

Looking great!
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Old 11-07-15, 10:57 PM   #57
bigsnakegirl785

Sanji's last weigh-in showed him to be 128 grams! He recently ate, so I'll be giving him a little while longer to try to ensure he's empty before I weigh him. He also shed a few days ago, at the same time as River.

Here are some recent photos from the other day, when it reached almost 80F. It's hard to get good lighting in my trailer for some reason, the only time light shines in the windows enough for me to make use of is one certain window I don't really have access to. Well, I do, but the sunlight comes in above the top of the couch. :/ So I decided while it was warm, take advantage of the outdoors. Well...that didn't work so well either, I could not see the screen on my phone whatsoever, I couldn't even see outlines, it was pure black. Between that and the killer sun, I didn't spend much time outside. I had to basically aim and hope I got a good photo. I did manage to get a few.

And belly pics because I love how clean his belly is. Absolutely no pigmentation apart from his tail.

Some photos after I went inside.

Old 11-08-15, 01:58 AM   #58
Wingbeats

Sanji is about the same weight as Chaska, hah! It seems like Chaska is growing rapidly all the sudden. Cool to see them looking all robust and weighty Sanji is looking great!
Old 11-08-15, 07:49 PM   #59
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingbeats View Post
Sanji is about the same weight as Chaska, hah! It seems like Chaska is growing rapidly all the sudden. Cool to see them looking all robust and weighty Sanji is looking great!
Yeah, Sanji's hitting a growth spurt and is starting to look less gangly. I'm not feeding him any more food than I have been for the past 4-6 months (idr exactly when I started him on hoppers), and I'm still feeding him every 7-10 days. I don't stick strictly to my schedules, though, either.

Once I get my other 6' enclosure here (I have to get it cleaned out first), and River puts on another foot or so, I'll be putting him in one of the PVC enclosures. Which means I just have to get Cloud a 6' PVC enclosure, and that leaves only Nymeria and Guin to get permanent homes!

That said, my space heater doesn't add as much as I expected to our electric bills, so I may just keep him in his wooden one. With the space heater set to 80F I'm able to maintain a 90F hot spot without covering his doors. And that's the only reason I wanted to change enclosures in the first place.

So I have 2-3 more enclosures to get and everyone is set, and I'll be ordering them in the spring. Gonna invest in a Herpstat 4 once everyone is set up, and keep my VE-100's and Hydrofarms as back ups.
Old 11-09-15, 03:01 PM   #60
Snakesitter

Looking good as always, bigsnakegirl! They can be a tricky species to photograph -- capturing both accurate color and iridescence is tough.
Website, Facebook
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread