border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > General Boa Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-03, 05:38 PM   #16
ReptiZone

Send a message via MSN to ReptiZone Send a message via Yahoo to ReptiZone
I dont know but you guys but my snakes eat to the fullest every time I feed them I keep giving them rats until they they choos not to eat any more like i gve you 6 burgers and you can only eat 4 even thow there 2 more in front of you you are not gonna eat eat them just caus you smell them.

I feed all my animals and place them back I have never had any problems

and when you come to think of it lets say the person has a breeding pair of burms housed together I can swalow the whole change them places for every feeding so they dont fight.. but you telling me I need a water super soker 2000 to hose them down with. I don't think it is that importent I find it cases more stress then any thing else
Old 03-27-03, 06:19 PM   #17
Linds
Former Moderator no longer active

On occassion I find it necessary to bathe a snake (ie- if they crawled all over their poop and they were pretty dirty). I just use water (80 degrees) and a little bit of mild dishsoap such as Ivory. I woudn't recommend using anything labelled as anitbacterial, there are already anti-bacterial agents in all dishsoaps and many handsoaps (I don't use handsoaps because of the residue they leave). Hope this helped
Old 03-30-03, 02:50 PM   #18
Gary D.

Send a message via MSN to Gary D.
Standard practice is to keep one animal per enclosure. And for good reason. Health, hygine, feeding, etc. Also keeping animals of diferent species, and even subspecies together is taboo. Although it is true that both are B.c.i., there is significant reason to believe that Hogs ought to be a seperate subspecies.

That said, I keep a couple of my B.c.i. together and have no troubles doing so, but it does without doubt mean more work. Certain things to keep in mind are things like separate feeding schedules or feed in a separate feeding tub to avoid accidents. A large enough enclosure for both animals to co-habitate without really interfering with one another. This means a large water dish, multiple hides if they are small, and multiple levels to increase area is a good idea too. Also make sure that basking area is large enough for 2 animals. And you will do a fair bit more cleaning. Theoretically I'm not sure how this is, but it is.

Quarantine is a must! It's never a good idea to simply add a new cage mate that you just acquired.

Personally, I would not keep a hog with a common, but that's just back to opinions on mixing subspecies or localles. I don't think it particularly urgent to separate them as they are both female. But I would as soon as it's reasonable to do so.

GD
Have you tried the IGUANA? I hear it's great. IGUANA kabobs for all !!! EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA, EAT YOUR IGUANA ... This message brought to you by ssEATYOURIGUANAss.com
Old 04-01-03, 01:47 PM   #19
jncoclub

Since I have taken out the cage carpet as their prime substrate and replaced it with EcoEarth, I think the "smelly" situation has definately calmed down. They eat in separate containers and we have been making sure those get cleaned eat time as well. As for their living quarters, they have plenty of room to do their thing, yet they are usually stuck on the buddy system, and stick together. I do think they need a new hideyhole, but other than that they have spacec- they just choose to take it up together. Being that they are girls, we're not too fast to sparate them, and they are still pretty young and small. Thank you all for responding. I'll give you all stink report updates!

How do I set my laser printer to 'stun'?
Closed Thread