border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-15, 05:12 PM   #16
reptiledude987

Re: -whats in that bucket daddy? -Surprise!!:D

I dont know much about these guys. How bad would it be if you got bit by it?
Old 06-26-15, 07:14 PM   #17
prairiepanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptiledude987 View Post
I dont know much about these guys. How bad would it be if you got bit by it?

It's typically likened to a bee sting. Some people are more sensitive, some less so, but either way it's not a big deal. Usually what's worse is getting covered in urticating hairs(they flick them off their abdomen when aggravated), which can leave your skin burning, itching, and inflamed for a week or more if you're sensitive to them. They can do particularly bad damage to the eyes and respiratory tract. Still nothing life-threatening, though.

Some old world species have more potent venom(won't kill you, but could make you have a bad week), but old world species don't have the urticating hairs that new worlds have, and they're more likely to run and hide than to bite.
0.1 tangerine albino honduran milksnake /// 0.1 snow southern pinesnake /// 0.1 black pinesnake /// 1.0 "hypo" north Mexican pinesnake (jani) /// 1.0 cincuate pinesnake (lineaticollis) /// 1.1 red striped gargoyle geckos /// 0.1 kitty cat /// 2.6.12 tarantulas(assorted species)
Old 06-26-15, 07:31 PM   #18
AlexCrazy

Even so.. my dad dosent want me touching him.. ha ha and i dont feel like having a tarantula bite anyway.. it will also make people see him worse than they do.. im actually gonna do a speach about arachnophobia and snake phobia in my class.. were learning to do speaches in art class! i chose the topic to clear all those misleading points like ''snakes are slimee'' or.. ''there all venomous'' to teach people that there asome pets.. and that they shouldent kill them on site! O.o (people do that here.. how embarrassing haha)
about the water boll i did include one allready.. thanks!
Closed Thread