border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > sSNAKESs.com Forums > sSNAKESs.com

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-04, 06:20 PM   #16
dave68

Why not?? I also really loves pigs think they're great animals, but I love bacon too!!!
Old 08-14-04, 06:32 PM   #17
bistrobob85

Send a message via MSN to bistrobob85
''A real reptile hobbyist would never do such a thing ''

I'm totally against this! I would gladly eat of any meat possible just to experience it! The meat isn't anything sentimental, it's food, wherever it comes from ( as long as it is not poisonous! ). Everything is good as long as you respect what your eating... I own a dog and a cat, and if someone told me it was dog meat i ate after a meal i would be surprised but not disgusted... Same thing for any other meat! Why wouldnt any ''REAL'' reptile hobbyist do such a thing? Its not barbarian at all. Pigs are friendly as a dog and nobody complains! Many different cultures eat snakes and lizards even though they respect them a lot, but if you're too much of a ''REAL'' reptile hobbyist and you're not open-minded enough, then it's your problem. For my part, give my a croc steak and if it's good i'll ask for more! Maybe i'm not a ''REAL'' reptile hobbyist, i'm just kinda faking to love reptiles so that i can approach them and eat them in front of you... tsss...

phil.
Old 08-14-04, 06:45 PM   #18
Rikki
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Rikki Send a message via Yahoo to Rikki
I was kindding, calm down a bit o.O
Old 08-14-04, 08:34 PM   #19
BoidKeeper

Quote:
Would you guys eat herp meat???
Uh...what'd ya mean would?
Trevor
Old 08-15-04, 12:53 PM   #20
bistrobob85

Send a message via MSN to bistrobob85
Would you eat lizard flesh if it was served on in a nice meal ( cooked )?

phil.
Old 08-15-04, 01:05 PM   #21
C.m.pyrrhus

I have had many a kind of herp meat. From rattlesnakes to frogs, turtles and whatnot. I would have to say the rattlesnake was the best of my 'herp' meals thus far. I have a curiosity to try croc/gator and iguana. I will eat others share if they don't mind.

Rattlesnakes of Arizona
Old 08-15-04, 05:40 PM   #22
DragnDrop

Reptile keepers dining on reptiles is no different than aquarists eating fish 'n' chips.
Old 08-17-04, 05:10 PM   #23
Linds
Former Moderator no longer active

Quote:
Originally posted by BoidKeeper
The only thread in an Iguana only forum should be "Don't get one!"
Cheers,
Trevor
Well that's not really fair. They are definitely not for most keepers, but they can still be good pets for the right people. These people want to be able to openly discuss the husbandry and share there iguanas with eachother, as well as advise the people that unfortunately do walk in to ownership ignorantly, but are willing to make the best of it and provide proper care. I had my girl for 20 years and will never get another, but other people do have a passion for keeping them (properly).
Old 08-17-04, 09:06 PM   #24
BoidKeeper

Linds, you forget my first herp after RES was and Iggy remember. I was just poking fun along with the others.
I have to tell you though, I wish I knew then what I know now about them. Don't get me wrong it was kept well but I would do a few things differently that's for sure.
Cheers,
Trevor
Closed Thread