border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > sSNAKESs.com Forums > sSNAKESs.com

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-04, 06:14 PM   #31
marisa

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
No one called you dumb. Please re-read if you truely felt that way. I was actually trying to make you feel like you weren't being attacked, but participating in a conversation about a controversial organization while at the same time being a member of a website they are theoretically totally against.

My advice to you, or anyone, is simple investigate and charity, or group you want to affiliate yourself with. Sometimes what seems like a healthy, kind hearted, smart idea can be taken to extremes by certain groups which twist the truth of things to achieve their own personal goals.

Anyways Rikki, I am very sure you don't want to offend anyone and I am sure no one here wants to offend you. It's just difficult to understand how someone can support a group that wants to remove reptiles from the pet trade entirely.

Anyways Merry Christmas. lol
Marisa
Old 12-20-04, 06:15 PM   #32
Rikki
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Rikki Send a message via Yahoo to Rikki
I was responding to this post:
------------------------------
It is to cold to eat your hat! You might end up with all the brain cells of the PETA executive.

Richard from Alberta
---------------------------------

I have heard the reports of the events above, and they truley shocked me. Ive been a member f PETA simply as its the only large Animal Rights society that I know. Recently i have sent them emails complaining about such events with no responses. Im not saying i support all of petas actions, im just simply against the murder of creatures who did not diserve to die.... PETA is a unique organization, and can make vegetarians look bad at times... Im simply not against them or completly for them either.....

Also as said before, my animals are all rescues
Old 12-20-04, 06:23 PM   #33
BOAS_N_PYTHONS

EVERYONE:

From photo hosting - advertising - animal politics.

Gotta love the way things go off topic

Makes forums real interesting and fun to enjoy.

Cya...

Tony
Old 12-20-04, 06:24 PM   #34
Rikki
Banned

I agree with you Tony,lol.... Hopefully we are all still friends,lol....
Old 12-20-04, 06:25 PM   #35
bistrobob85

Send a message via MSN to bistrobob85
Hey Rikki, you stole my avatar!!!
Old 12-20-04, 06:26 PM   #36
Rikki
Banned

lol, to avoid confusion its a community pack avatar :P
Old 12-20-04, 06:27 PM   #37
marisa

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
Rikki is correct.

That avatar is free for anyone to use.

Marisa
Old 12-20-04, 06:27 PM   #38
REH

I have had peta members accost my wife and children at a horse show because they did not believe in what we did. I do not like my 12-year-old daughter being call a sadist because she loves her horse and like to ride. I do not believe you can put your name behind part of this group without being soiled by the other parts it is all one animal.

Richard
My Redneck starts to glow when these ******** are mentioned
Old 12-20-04, 06:27 PM   #39
Matt_K

Considering that's a generic ssnakess.com available avatar for ALL members to use, it's hardly 'theft'
Old 12-20-04, 06:28 PM   #40
Rikki
Banned

LMAO, and the topic theme changes again :P
Login to remove ads
Old 12-20-04, 06:48 PM   #41
clint545

Send a message via MSN to clint545
Rikki, while there are people on this site that are rescuers and others that are not, take a look at the majority of threads on this site. We are all here to learn, teach and share info on the proper care of our pets!
All of us here take the upmost care in the health and safekeeping of our reptiles/amphibians and other critters that come into our homes.
Old 12-20-04, 06:53 PM   #42
Rikki
Banned

Dont worry, I do not in any way doubt that you do, I know the majority of people here take care of there herps with all of there might....
Old 12-20-04, 07:09 PM   #43
spidergecko

Send a message via MSN to spidergecko
Quote:
Originally posted by clint545
Sorry Rikki, but I have to agree with Heather. You can't make a very convincing arguement when the only facts you have to offer are from PETA themselves. Just my opinion, I'll butt out now.
LOL. That makes no sense. You're saying that PETA doesn't know it's position on pets better than an outside source? That's like telling me that YOU know my favourite colour/food/etc. better than I do.
Old 12-20-04, 07:14 PM   #44
marisa

It does make sense. That's the whole reason people have "outside investigations"

When one side wants to you believe nothing but what they have to say and agree with nothing but their own personal beliefs, they simple give no information or proof unless it helps with their own goals. It happens all the time which is why you must do research on top of what someone is telling you, be it PETA or some joe on the net talking about snake hubandry.

Marisa
Closed Thread