sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Boa Constrictor

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-20, 03:01 PM   #1
Crypticpickles

Possible Motley? Or regular Central American boa? // Newbie saying Hello

Hello all!

First time posting here so my apologies for any mistakes.

I'm going to start off with a quick introduction as per moderators rules. You can refer to me as James, I am a 21 year old F Canadian and have had a passion for learning about animals mainly reptiles and especially snakes. I currently own a juvenile boa ( more info below ) I have previously owned a ball python ( well the python was more my dad's ) and a corn snake. I am finally in a place where a bigger snake is affordable and I have my lovely boyfriend to help me out with anything I need.

I am a first time boa owner, my little guy which I'm assuming is roughly year to year and half old was sold to me as a Central American Motley possible het reversed striped Anery leopard. I honestly don't fully understand the whole het and breeding aspect as of right now, I am doing more research soon ( 0 plans of breeding just wanna have better understanding of it )

However, someone recently pointed out that he could not be a Motley based on his tail colouration and wanted another opinion on it. I was guessing that if he isn't a Central American Motley then he could maybe be a regular Central American.

I also would like the point out that he has a little bit of slight pink hue spots in his pattern near the top of his head and fades to none existent as his pattern goes on. I didn't notice it up until after his recent shed, it doesn't stand out a lot but is definitely there.

Due to this being my first post I think that pictures won't post for me however I made a post about this else where and will like this pictures here

The second video is of me trying to catch the pink hue spots on his pattern the lighting isn't 10/10 but you can kind of see it.

I'm just more or less curious about what he is because if I did my research right and I think I did, there could be a couple different feet of difference between the 2 types. He's still a little guy but I want to have his forever home prepared to go for when he hits a growth spurt. Currently thinking on a 6.5 ft -7.5 ft length enclosure.

Many thanks in advance for your time and advice!
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread

Tags
boa constrictor, boa constrictor help, boa identification, boa imperator, introduction