border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > General Boa Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-19, 04:11 PM   #1
ChuckD8883

Smile Help with Red Tail identification

Hi everyone! My names Justin I just joined this forum. I recently bought my first red tail boa 3 weeks ago. I’ve owned ball pythons in the past but never a red tail. She was just advertised as a red tail boa but wanted to know if you guys could help me identify what subspecies/locality she is with some pictures. I can’t seem to figure out how to post pictures of her. I’m sorry this is my first time posting!
Login to remove ads
Old 05-02-19, 08:01 AM   #2
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
Re: Help with Red Tail identification

I think you need 5 posts to be able to post a picture.
Old 05-04-19, 09:12 AM   #3
richardhind

Re: Help with Red Tail identification

the chances are its a boa imperata type. the true red tail are (bcc) or (bc) now . these are normally Suriname,Guyana,Brazilian and Peruvian.there a few more too.
you normally pay a lot more for these as they are truly stunning and are pretty distinctive and are line bred for saddle shape and tail colour etc and are generally easily recognizable
the boa imperata type boas also include a lot of locality boas like Nicaraguan,corn islands,hogg islands and sonoran to name a few.but a lot have these have been inter bred and their gene pool has been muddied, if they are locality type then most people will advertise this,so unless you know what any of the parents genes are then its hard to tell and may only be classed as a normal or common boa
hope this helps
0.1 Common het Kahl BCI,,0.1 red pastel hypo het albino bci,0.1 kahl sunglow bci, 1.1 boa longicauda het "Zero",1.0 motley het kahl bci,0.1hypo img,1.0 hypo harlequin het vpi t+, 1.2 hypo 100%het albino and 100% het berry blood, 1.0 guyana bcc,1.0 hypo jungle het blood&het albino,1.0 albino motley0.1 sunglow motley,1.1 mandarinbelly leopard
Closed Thread

Tags
boa, red tail boa