border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Corallus Family

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-16, 10:30 PM   #1
agspecialties

Need some help with ETB baby

I have had snakes for many years. I have had snakes from Red Tail boas to Ball pythons to Retic pythons.
I have always wanted a ETB and found one. I received him four weeks ago. I have had him in a nice little tank with 100 watt red light with a reptile heat pad on the bottom of the tank. Stays 80 to 85 on the bottom and 80 up in the air. I have a mister going in his tank and have maintained 70 to 80 % humidity. I waited 10 days and tried to feed him and he took a live rat pinkie. I was happy. That was 10 days ago. I tried to feed him two days ago a frozen mouse pinkie and he didn't want that. So I stopped. Last night he was normal, he came down from his perch and drank a little water and back up to his perch he went. Now tonight, I heard a weird noise and notice he was blowing little bubbles. OH ****!!!!!!!!! I know what that means. I am sitting here scratching my head as to why. My temp is good, my humidity is good.....what am i missing??? I cranked up the heat a little more tonight to see if he was cold. Funny thing is he is always on the cold side of the tank. Since I have got him, He has had a little piece of shed that he has been working on and still hasn't got that off. Could that be a problem?? Also last night his finally pooped and that looked just fine too. For the life of me, I can't figure out how the hell he got a respiratory infection. Other problem is I live in Nebraska where we have no kind of vet for snakes. Cows yes, Snakes no. Do any of you guys have any other ideas ?????
Login to remove ads