border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > General Colubrid Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-14, 02:43 AM   #15
nazanova

Send a message via Skype™ to nazanova
Re: General beginner questions about my first corn snake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRRoberts0122 View Post
I agree with the feeding in a box, and I plan on going to wally world and getting a good sized plastic bin for her to feed in. I'm going to start on some frozen mice, but if she's big enough, I'll put her on some live stuff for her second feeding. I've read that it makes them happy when they can "hunt" for their food.

That being said, I'm not worried about being bit at all. It's not going to hurt plain and simple, and I get that. I just don't want to stress her out. I expect to get bit, and it doesn't bother me. My dog bites me all the time playing tug with his toy, and man he draws blood.

But while I was in class, I read and article that said just go for it if she's being defensive, because we don't want to enforce that behavior and I agree. I have a little sister, and I'd like to show her they're harmless, but at the same time, I can't have it being defensive. I got her tank all setup. Getting her in the morning!
Corns are so harmless even if it went on the defensive I can almost guarantee it won't bite. Just tail rattling and postures that's it, expect it a lot with babies but as they get older they won't even care if you stroke them like the others have said please don't feed live, Corns don't need live food and will never not eat a f/t.
Login to remove ads

Tags
corn, humidity, setup, snake, temperature