border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Breeding / Incubation

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-20, 01:34 PM   #1
DDW

Prep for Breeding BPs

Hello friends, I have finally begun seriously considering breeding Ball Pythons. I have my albino ball (Glitch) and have been thinking about breeding her for a solid year now..

So I'm going to start some in depth research. The only problem is I dont know much about breeding snakes. This is my current list so far of what I need to look into, but would love some input from some experience BP breeders.

1) I need a rack system, and I'm pretty sure it would be most cost effective to build one myself. I have no idea how large I need to go overall, even less how large the individual tubs need to be.

2) I'll obviously need an incubator of some sort. Probably a small one but... seriously I have no idea.

3) What would I want to pair with my albino girl? I've had some suggestions for getting a candino male for her but what other varieties should I consider? I don't want to spend a heck ton of money for a male. I also usually tend to get animals as babies but should I try to get a more mature male to start breeding right away? Idk.

4) When should I encourage breeding? How long? How old? Etc. Ahhhh.

Idk what else to look into honestly. If y'all know where I might go to reliable info about this, I'd greatly appreciate it. When I do this, I want to do it right.

Thanks in Advance.
Login to remove ads