sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-13, 07:22 PM   #1
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

7' Scrub is Now Ours: Meet Pindari

My roommate had a 7' Scrub that he no longer wanted to keep. While he is not anywhere near as evil as his 14' Scrub he still has a bit of an attitude but I figure, he is young enough to where I can work with him and over enough time, with regular handling, I can get him to be as tame as Vanessa. This I'm looking forward to and in the meantime, I love the way he feels when I have him out. Yes I did have him out for a while and the adrenaline rush was unreal.

Rmf and I are going in together on him. His name is Pindari, which is an Aboriginal name that means "from the high ground". With Pindari being completely arboreal, he spends almost all his time perched on a branch like a Green Tree. We just fed him tonight as well. As soon as we got him set up in my 2' cubed Neodesha Arboreal, he took that medium while still perched on the branch. I never ever thought either of us would ever get a Scrub and he is truly ours. Life is good.
Login to remove ads
Old 04-06-13, 07:26 PM   #2
smy_749

Re: 7' Scrub is Now Ours: Meet Pindari

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwizard View Post
My roommate had a 7' Scrub that he no longer wanted to keep. While he is not anywhere near as evil as his 14' Scrub he still has a bit of an attitude but I figure, he is young enough to where I can work with him and over enough time, with regular handling, I can get him to be as tame as Vanessa. This I'm looking forward to and in the meantime, I love the way he feels when I have him out. Yes I did have him out for a while and the adrenaline rush was unreal.

Rmf and I are going in together on him. His name is Pindari, which is an Aboriginal name that means "from the high ground". With Pindari being completely arboreal, he spends almost all his time perched on a branch like a Green Tree. We just fed him tonight as well. As soon as we got him set up in my 2' cubed Neodesha Arboreal, he took that medium while still perched on the branch. I never ever thought either of us would ever get a Scrub and he is truly ours. Life is good.
2 x 2 x 2 seems a bit small for a 7 foot python no?You may just have a pissy snake on your hands but I hope you do manage to calm him down, and grats on the new scrubby!
Old 04-06-13, 07:32 PM   #3
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

Thank you. Yeah his setup is a temporary one and that will be remedied soon. Scrubs are pretty slender and it does seem that he has the room in there now. This Arboreal is what he was in before we got him so it's nothing new to him anyway, but yeah, you're right, he will get moved into a bigger enclosure as soon as we get that chance.
Old 04-06-13, 07:57 PM   #4
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

Ok this pic is much clearer as to what he looks like and his size. This was taken just after he was fed his Medium and he was looking at me like he wanted more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pindari 2.jpg (23.9 KB, 176 views)
Old 04-06-13, 08:03 PM   #5
Squirtle
Banned

Looks pretty comfortable in that enclosure to me, IMO. It can work for him.
Login to remove ads
Old 04-06-13, 08:59 PM   #6
smy_749

Quote:
Ok this pic is much clearer as to what he looks like and his size. This was taken just after he was fed his Medium and he was looking at me like he wanted more.
Seeing the enclosure its not as bad as I pictured hearing the numbers. I appreciate not giving a defensive 'I know what I'm doing' response. He seems to have ample room to move around for now, but if you are planning to bigger go for it by all means.
Old 04-06-13, 09:08 PM   #7
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Thank you. Yeah his setup is a temporary one and that will be remedied soon. Scrubs are pretty slender and it does seem that he has the room in there now. This Arboreal is what he was in before we got him so it's nothing new to him anyway, but yeah, you're right, he will get moved into a bigger enclosure as soon as we get that chance.
Awesome. Let's get a snake before a proper home is acquired. Really putting animals welfare above yourself.

Quote:
While he is not anywhere near as evil as his 14' Scrub he still has a bit of an attitude... Yes I did have him out for a while and the adrenaline rush was unreal.
Doubly awesome. Let's stress out a snake for the sake of an adrenaline rush.
Old 04-06-13, 09:12 PM   #8
smy_749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
Awesome. Let's get a snake before a proper home is acquired. Really putting animals welfare above yourself.

Doubly awesome. Let's stress out a snake for the sake of an adrenaline rush.

Maybe he had him out for another reason, and the adrenaline rush was just a bonus? Try to think positively. About the proper home, I have to agree though and I've made that mistake in the past.
Old 04-06-13, 09:13 PM   #9
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smy_749 View Post
Maybe he had him out for another reason, and the adrenaline rush was just a bonus? Try to think positively. About the proper home, I have to agree though and I've made that mistake in the past.
I can't think positively about someone who has killed other animals so easily before.

EDIT: I'll leave it at that and I won't return to this thread any longer.
Old 04-06-13, 09:14 PM   #10
rmfsnakes32

Aaron do you ever have anything nice to say?
2.5corns, 0.1 columbian redtail boa, 1.0 peruvian longtail boa, 1.0 columbian rainbow boa, 0.1 normal bci, 0.1 nicuraguan boa, 1.0 burmese python, 1.1 bearded dragons, 0.0.1 tarantula, 0.0.1 long tailed lizard
Login to remove ads
Old 04-06-13, 09:19 PM   #11
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmfsnakes32 View Post
Aaron do you ever have anything nice to say?
Here: http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/821234-post29.html

Here again: http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/783838-post14.html

Oh, and here too!: http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/817322-post6.html
Old 04-06-13, 09:21 PM   #12
smy_749

touche lol
Old 04-06-13, 09:51 PM   #13
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

Wherever Aaron. I'll just leave you to soak in your own bitterness. You don't bother me anymore.
Old 04-06-13, 09:55 PM   #14
Pirarucu

To be fair, most scrub keepers seem to keep them in cages that big at that size, then step them up to their permanent enclosures when they outgrow it. At least from what I've seen, which granted is a limited amount.
Old 04-07-13, 05:57 PM   #15
marvelfreak
Captain America

Contracts on the Scrub. What kind is it?
Closed Thread