border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-16, 07:34 PM   #1
trailblazer295

New digs

As I mentioned in my other thread and a few you know I've been planning a bigger adult cage for my BP Mushu last check in september he was 43" 1378g he is a little over 2yrs old.[IMG][/IMG] He was also a lot more active and visible in a 48x12x16 before being moved back into a 2x2x1 where he acted more like a regular BP. Decided to upgrade him permanently. Scored a good deal on a 4x2x1 with some natural looking large exo terra hides. It's not very tall (powerhouse has problems using a tape measure a 4x2x1 is really 47x23x11. I emailed them once asking why and they never responded.) I managed to create a 2 level perch branches both center and left (under his RHP). His substrate is a little thin but I don't have anymore cocohusk bricks so have to do for now. Over all pretty happy with how the cage turned out. Plenty of space to roam, curl up in the open and 2 branches to climb and perch on.

Excuse the glare, he doesn't have any in cage lighting as experimenting with it on and off he will go hide when it's on and hang out when it's off. The soft warm pole light doesn't seem to bother him allowing me sit and watch at night. You can see him exploring along the back wall.

Update: He curled up into the cold hide head and tail poking out after knocking a branch down (I'll have to figure out a better position but didn't want to disturb him while he was in the hide). He is now back roaming. From the look of his body he will be going into shed in the next week or two, he much darker then usual so I'll probably try feeding tomorrow as he is due with the rest. His scales don't feel loose yet so still a little bit from going into blue.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by trailblazer295; 12-14-16 at 07:43 PM..
Login to remove ads
Old 12-14-16, 10:41 PM   #2
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Re: New digs

Your enclosures look great Blaze. I think I'll try that cocohusk. I've always used aspen but that might make for a nice change.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 12-15-16, 01:00 AM   #3
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Said it before and I'll say it again, looks great!
Old 12-16-16, 11:54 AM   #4
trailblazer295

@Ziggy. Thanks in true Mushu fashion he knocked both branches fown before going into the hot hide. Little destructive force of nature lol I'll have to look for a different branch setup as he insists on knocking everything down as he climbs. I've been breaking the bricks apart by hand and adding water as needed. I hand mold problems when they were soaked like the directions. I use either cypress or cocohusk for any moderate humidity snake.

Thanks Tsu your idea of cocohusk works so far
Old 12-16-16, 12:20 PM   #5
Thatjanelady

Looks sharp!
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread