border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-17, 04:21 PM   #1
REM955

BioPod - Thoughts

I came across this Kickstarter project. They mention being able to handle an environment for reptiles in addition to frogs and, of course, plants.
The Grand model is sized. Not too sure I would use it for anything considered a large reptile though...
What, if anything, would you use it for?
BioPod - Grand
Login to remove ads
Old 08-29-17, 07:38 PM   #2
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness
Re: BioPod - Thoughts

Looks like a more 'modern' style of the exoterras and zoo meds that already exist. I also feel it limits customization of a palidarium should that be what you want to do. It's cool, but so are the biocube fish tanks.

I stopped counting at 30....
Old 08-29-17, 08:03 PM   #3
akane

Too narrow. At the length and overall gallons a corn snake would probably work but I'd prefer 18" like the 40gallon range tanks are and my adults are in bigger than that for bioactive. I'd consider my bull snakes medium and they have 5' long enclosures with one at 2' and one at 30" wide. Maybe something a bit more slender and vertical. It would work well for many of the geckos over snakes. Really any of these types of things you can put together an equivalent of more custom dimensions cheaper if you want to do the work instead of dropping lots of cash on a premade item that they cut a dimension or other factor in order to fit special designs without having even higher price tags.
Old 08-29-17, 08:16 PM   #4
REM955

Yeah. A bit narrow. Not sure what you could put in here. Maybe the Javan Dragon Snakes are slender enough to be cozy in one of these...
Old 08-29-17, 10:15 PM   #5
Ronin

You know what, Brian Bazayrk?( I know i butcherd that last name) just got one of those. Check is vlogs he and a cowork were listing a few things that could go in such a tank. It looks good for frogs, geckos, maybe aboreal trantulas?
Login to remove ads
Old 08-30-17, 05:28 PM   #6
REM955

Brian Barczyk. I'll take a look for it, but I am more curious as to what snake.
Old 08-31-17, 07:14 AM   #7
BillyCostume

They're definitely cool, but they're also pretty expensive. They seem great for geckos and frogs. Maybe garters? Would make for a fun project
Old 08-31-17, 03:25 PM   #8
trailblazer295

Seems to follow the trend of a lot of the "designer" aquariums I've seen. More form then function and usually in dimensions or sizes that really limit what you can put in them.