border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Food For Thought Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-20, 02:24 PM   #1
kazz

Carpet python eats a fish

Hi, folks.
So I feed my python with roped (tied by a thread) together a chicken, chicken necks and a fish.
If you want to see how carpet python strike a chicken and then start eating not chicken, but a fish go to a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chz7qjk8QpY
She did it 2 times already.
I need to say that a chicken is warmed, and she strikes it. I'm wondering whether she will strike warm fish.
I should to say that a fish didn't touch with a chicken so a fish didn't have chicken scent, and actually I do that thing to prevent a chicken having a fish scent.

Last edited by kazz; 08-18-20 at 02:32 PM..
Login to remove ads
Old 09-03-20, 07:53 AM   #2
kazz

Re: Carpet python eats a fish

Looks like nobody cares carpet prefer eating fish. But I want to add some update.
Today I warmed a fish and gave it to my carpet python. A fish was on a plate. She did strike it but a fish was warmed in microwave oven and a heat was too much, so the fish broke off on 3 pieces. 2 of them left on a plate while she contracted her prey. She ate it all include 2 pieces from a plate I left at the floor of her cage.
I heated a fish in a ,microwave oven because she was very reluctant to strike food thawed with water.
Old 09-09-20, 11:58 PM   #3
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

I've seen other people feeding chicken parts, fish, and even steaks, to their snakes. I guess I just don't see the point. Why not offer a whole chick rather that a chicken neck or leg? Different strokes for different folks.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 09-22-20, 10:34 AM   #4
kazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
Why not offer a whole chick rather that a chicken neck or leg?
Because we have no snake food shops.

And the point of my topic is different. Carpet python eats a fish. That's a point.
Old 09-22-20, 06:17 PM   #5
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

So you don’t have access to frozen or live rats/mice? That makes it tough to keep a snake eh?
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Login to remove ads
Old 09-23-20, 04:21 AM   #6
kazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
live rats/mice? That makes it tough to keep a snake eh?
I am not gonna do live feeding. Chicken parts and fish is ok.
But again. The point of topic that carpet eats fish. There is no video on the internet about it.
Old 09-23-20, 05:10 AM   #7
ReptiWorldWide

I totally understand not doing live feeding, I don't like the idea of that unless totally necessary. I think though El Ziggy was trying to ask about was frozen, dead mice. I also understand that that's not what you want to talk about, but i agree with EL Ziggy, wouldn't that make it pretty hard to keep a snake? Maybe not, but I'm just curious, that's all. Cool video though.
Old 09-23-20, 10:30 AM   #8
kazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptiWorldWide View Post
but i agree with EL Ziggy, wouldn't that make it pretty hard to keep a snake?
Oh. I misunderstood the question of EL Ziggy. Sorry my bad English. It's definitely tougher to keep snake here in Ukraine because of food troubles for snakes.
Old 09-23-20, 10:59 AM   #9
ReptiWorldWide

Yeah no problem! I understand, i live in Spain and have can have trouble speaking spanish... so yeah... that makes sense though, pretty cool that you are able to pull it off though!
Old 11-03-20, 04:12 PM   #10
Kagy

We get spoiled sometimes when there are easy sources for food. It would be difficult to feed frozen unless there is a supply available locally
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread