Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-04, 10:14 PM   #1
Scales Zoo
Please Email Boots

3rd Annual Fall Rattlesnake count, Sept 17, 18, 19

HISS in the Hills, 3rd Annual Fall snake count September 17, 18 and 19

Leader, Saskatchewan

Email us ASAP to preregister and get your name on the list.

A HISS membership is required to attend the Fall rattlesnake count. These are $20 for a single, $25 for a family. If you were at the Spring count, you have a HISS membership. The Annual Hiss meeting will also be held over the weekend, to discuss the direction of the club, and announce the new executives.

A fee of $25 single / $45 couple, $15 for 12 and under is required to register for the weekend. Scales Zoo admission, Friday night barbecue, snacks, pop, parasite free water, Saturday breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, and Sunday breakfast are all included with the registration fee. The menu will be on the Itinerary I will send you when you email me to pre-register.

Reservations for accommodations are suggested. R.V accommodations and tent camping can be provided by reservation at no extra cost. If you would like to bring a sleeping bag and sleep on the floor of the rented hall, you may do so; but please let us know in advance. I also could clear a path in the garage, for those who are more adventurous.

Jonothan Wright will be coming with his slides for Saturday evening (finally, whoo hoo) as well as Steve Chandler. We may have a few other people bring their slides, they are yet to be confirmed. The slides will start right after supper this year, last year we had too many people fall asleep during the slideshow presentations (They were very good, but after a long day of fresh air and hiking in the hills, many city people get really tired)

Weather permitting, we will visit the densites Saturday and Sunday morning. Tours of the Great Sandhills and River Routes are also on the Itinerary. Bring your camera, the scenery and general wildlife in the area (other than all the snakes, black widows and scorpions) is truly amazing and very abundant. Hopefully this year it won't be so windy at the Sandhills!! If there is any interest, a wild boar hunt North of the river could be incorporated into the weekend - they have become feral, and are known to reak havoc on snake populations. They are also very tasty!

RSVP required by September 12. If you plan to come, email us as soon as possible.

Contact Ryan or Sheila to Pre Register now!
1-306-628-3255
Or email
thesnakepeople@sasktel.net
Login to remove ads
Old 09-02-04, 11:41 PM   #2
WALTER

I will be there once again, it's a blast
Old 09-02-04, 11:54 PM   #3
moperri

Well I might be there as well, however I heard promises of free food before and they were lies. I don't want to mention any names WALTER. So to be cautious I might pack a power bar.
MO
Old 09-03-04, 12:44 AM   #4
Scales Zoo
Please Email Boots

Mo, just for that, Walter is in charge of the burgers Friday night. And no, you don't get a burger - we'll have buns for you, so you can have a vegitarian burger as I know you like them so well from watching you at the Red Deer park.

No homeless people in Leader to eat your burger.

Ryan
Old 09-04-04, 01:22 PM   #5
Scales Zoo
Please Email Boots

I had originally said we'd be looking for snakes Saturday and Monday morning. That was a mistake, I changed it to Saturday and Sunday.

If you are plannig to attend, email me for the Itinerary.

thesnakepeople@sasktel.net

Ryan
Login to remove ads
Old 09-08-04, 11:27 AM   #6
JD@reptiles

Send a message via MSN to JD@reptiles
see ya there!

"I Don't Get Mad, I Get Even!"
Old 09-09-04, 08:13 PM   #7
Scales Zoo
Please Email Boots

Don't forget to email us if you are planning to attend. Cut - off for pre-registration is September 12, but we'd prefer to hear from you sooner so we can order the food.

Email tab from ssnakess.com does not work, either email scaleszoo@sasktel.net or thesnakepeople@sasktel.net

We will be visiting 2 different Den sites this Fall!!!

Ryan
Old 09-11-04, 11:55 PM   #8
HetForHuman

Send a message via MSN to HetForHuman Send a message via Yahoo to HetForHuman
And i get to miss it again, Damnit......

Next year for sure, i promise
[10:12pm]«@ [Matt]» he's all up in there like swimwear.
Closed Thread