View Single Post
Old 05-22-21, 10:46 AM   #4
poison123

Re: Husband wants a tarantula or scorpion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDW View Post
No dusting is definitely a big plus to me! This is a popular place for fishing so I doubt I'll have issues with getting crickets or other bugs. My sister had a rosy toe tarantula (the same sister that indirectly killed an iguana and other things but... we're not talking about that...) would that be in the genera you were recommending? It seemed pretty low maintenance. How necessary would you consider handling this type of pet?
I think you mean rose hair tarantula? I believe they use to be in brachypelma but were moved to Grammostola (Grammostola rosea) and they aren't as common as they use to be since importation of this species was banned but you can still find them if you look. Usually older wc adults that came in before the ban or slings is what I've seen. These seem like a good option too though I've never kept them myself. I do know they grow extremely slow as well. The genus I have listed as well as the rose hair are all generally thought to be great if you want to attempt handling however I myself dont handle Ts unless I really have to. I'm too scared lol.