View Single Post
Old 03-03-18, 03:51 PM   #4
bigsnakegirl785

Re: How often to feed my male GTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
I don't keep GTPs but I do keep other Morelia species. I agree with Slitherin on the feeding frequency. Every 4 days is too often for most snakes and especially a 3 y/o critter. I feed my carpets every 10-14 days during the summer and every 2-3 weeks in the winter. I'm not sure how large your GTP is but even an adult jumbo mouse might be too small. I'd advise offering more than one mouse or making the switch to rats.
Maybe some other keepers can chime in, but from what little I've read, you feed much smaller meals to GTPs than most snakes. From what I see, most keepers are feeding meals much smaller than their girth every couple of weeks, and I think most completely avoid jumbo mice and rats altogether, electing to feed one or two regular adults. GTPs do not naturally eat rodents, so they're prone to prolapses and hanging tails when fed too much food, but I don't know the exact numbers of how/when a GTP should be fed, just that you have to be very careful with them.