sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Information (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Anybody know the best place to buy reptiles in PA? (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100611)

flamemomma 07-02-13 05:13 PM

Anybody know the best place to buy reptiles in PA?

I have googled and Bing-d myself silly trying to find a reptile super store near me. I want to buy a corn snake or ball python (still deciding) in person. I want to see the actual snake and bring it home-instead of having it shipped across the country. What is the deal with SE PA (I live 45 min from Philly or 25 min from Allentown) I can't find a place that specializes in reptiles in my area. I see great places in other states far away...but nothing near me. Can anyone point me in a good direction?

Amadeus 07-02-13 05:48 PM

Re: Anybody know the best place to buy reptiles in PA?

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamemomma (Post 851971)
I have googled and Bing-d myself silly trying to find a reptile super store near me. I want to buy a corn snake or ball python (still deciding) in person. I want to see the actual snake and bring it home-instead of having it shipped across the country. What is the deal with SE PA (I live 45 min from Philly or 25 min from Allentown) I can't find a place that specializes in reptiles in my area. I see great places in other states far away...but nothing near me. Can anyone point me in a good direction?

Hey, I'm also in southeast pa. There is a reptile expo at the Greater Philadelphia Expo center every other month and one every other month at the Reading Expo center.

Here is their website. East Coast Reptile Super Expos

Amadeus 07-02-13 05:49 PM

You can even contact the vendors to make sure they have what you are looking for.

flamemomma 07-02-13 07:13 PM

I'm planning on going to the Reading one on July 27th. Do u have any recommendations about the vendors that will be there?
Why do you think this area doesn't have the kind of reptile super store (for lack of a better description) that a lot of other cities around the country? Do u think it's a lack of interest? Maybe I should start one. Lol.

smy_749 07-02-13 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamemomma (Post 852046)
I'm planning on going to the Reading one on July 27th. Do u have any recommendations about the vendors that will be there?
Why do you think this area doesn't have the kind of reptile super store (for lack of a better description) that a lot of other cities around the country? Do u think it's a lack of interest? Maybe I should start one. Lol.

They are all in warm weather climates, for the most part. We have a total of 0 superstores in New England (though we have some great breeders/facilities)

Amadeus 07-02-13 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamemomma (Post 852046)

It depends on what you want. The show is mostly balls and cheap monitors. Not much exotic going on. Although glades and pm herps have a good selection.

bcr229 07-03-13 07:18 AM

Heck with the superstore, look for breeders. I know that Serpent's Den is up that way.

Concept9 07-03-13 07:38 AM

Take drive up to BHB in Michigan. Nice 10 hour drive and thousands of corn snakes. :)

alessia55 07-03-13 11:03 AM

the Hamburg expo