border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-16, 06:25 PM   #1
Zexion~

Cracked tank

So I had to bring my snake up to school as my family apparently are deathly afraid of them, and the breathers for the heating pad got lost with the move, and I've been using folded plastic from pen containers and what have you to lift the tank but it didn't work all that well (I've added more)

Apparently I can't post pictures when making a new thread so I'll do that in one of the posts.

However I use multiplie layers of recycled paper anyways and the cracks ARE NOT SHARP at all, cand I have no means of getting a new tank so can I continue using this one or no?
Login to remove ads
Old 09-09-16, 06:27 PM   #2
Zexion~

Re: Cracked tank

Picture of cracks:

That white stuff isn't multiple cracks merely the remnants of aspen with the lighteng of my room
Old 09-09-16, 06:56 PM   #3
Albert Clark

Well, the first thing you should consider is getting a thermostat to regulate the heat pad. That should avoid the extreme high temps to the glass. Try repairing it with a glass repair kit for windshield cracks from a auto supply store if you have no other choice. A plastic tub might be a better option. Walmart or Kmart ?
Old 09-09-16, 07:14 PM   #4
infernalis

I have used cracked tanks more than once. You can cut a small slab of plywood to sit in the bottom, used epoxy to patch over the spot, a piece of sheet metal, be creative with what you have available. Just no duct tape or other adhesive tapes, if the tape peels back the snake can get stuck and hurt itself. Good luck.

Savannahmonitor.net
Old 09-09-16, 11:30 PM   #5
toddnbecka

Epoxy is the least expensive and generally troublesome way to patch a cracked tank. I've used it to patch holes in used tanks that had been drilled for aquarium filters, and they never leaked years later.
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread