border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > New to the forum?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-16, 02:28 PM   #1
OlWolf

Posting cause it asked me to...

Still reading others' posts. Had surgery, so laid back for awhile. Have good feeder colony established, and some stashed in the freezer - can now offer a new boa any choice it wants - whenever I find the one I want while having the funds at the same time. Still working on the enclosure - was set back while the injury was repaired, and still am while healing. My DREAM is to find a Moonglow or Snow female - when my "crib" is ready! I've seen an Albino Motley I like... like the Sunglows, too... and also the Lipstick Kahls. But there's no way I can afford one of those $1,000+ boas! I do know I want something on the visual "white" side. Have to have good Timing and Wallet... maybe some breeder at end-of-season to feel sorry for me! Then I can come here and post regularly!
Login to remove ads
Old 08-24-16, 02:38 PM   #2
marvelfreak
Captain America

Re: Posting cause it asked me to...

Hello and welcome!
Old 08-24-16, 02:47 PM   #3
dave himself

Hi and welcome, hope you mend soon
Old 08-24-16, 02:55 PM   #4
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness

Welcome! You can post regularly anyway! =D

I stopped counting at 30....
Old 08-24-16, 03:03 PM   #5
macandchz

hope you are feeling better. keep looking for that dream snake. maybe it it'll show up quicker than you think. things have a way of falling into place. that's what living long has taught me! HA! HA!
Login to remove ads
Old 08-24-16, 05:06 PM   #6
Piggybuns

Hello there! Good luck on your snake hunt, white snakes are my weakness be sure to post pics! :3
Old 08-24-16, 10:12 PM   #7
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Welcome, hope you recover soon! if the high end morphs are also way up there with their pricing. You could always try to find a high quality white boa a different way, how about a t+ or a hog island? If you assure the parents are white then there's a very good chance the offspring will be white as well. I am the owner of a very pale t+ Nicaraguan boa, she varies in colour depending on circumstances between a pale white and a warm caramel tone
Old 08-25-16, 04:52 AM   #8
infernalis

Savannahmonitor.net
Old 08-25-16, 02:05 PM   #9
OlWolf

With the surgery-building setback, I sorta missed the big "breeding season" - but I've been email-talking with several breeders I found by surfing the net and scouring Kingsnake, getting a feel for when that all starts for them. I have poultry, and know how that comes in a rush, and then there's a "drought" till next time around when the critters turn over their cycle. I'm HOPING that my encosure will be done and equipped by that next season. I'm ALSO hoping that the newer colors that are SO high-priced, will be a bit more common next year, and the price will drop down so I can afford one. Sorta like the Fashion I don't pay attention to! But I almost faint when I ogle a Moonglow! Something about those pale lavender saddles on the milky snake just GETS me!
I don't have the room for breeding - unless I find someone with a compatible male nearby for a stud-fee - and do one litter a season. I just don't have room to get het-snakes, keep them all, and breed TOWARDS what I really wanna keep for myself - and then sell the parents and siblings... too much for me.
ONE daughter for a Companion is enough for me!
Old 08-25-16, 02:39 PM   #10
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Don't forget Moonglows yellow out a lot when they grow older, they're no longer milky white with lavender saddles.. Not to pop any bubbles, but if you love their young colours that much an adult might disappoint you.
Old 08-26-16, 09:15 AM   #11
OlWolf

I know... but the Moon itself isn't always blue-white, as well... sometimes it's that color of German Silver with the warm-glow. ��
I think all white-phase snakes change color as they get older... just like all other color-types change as they go through years of shed. It's interesting to watch them develop. The boa I got as a young teen, I plucked out of a 20-g long tank at a mall pet-store as an infant for $50. All the babies in there were the standard grey-beige with brown saddles. This one, though - had pinkish scales dotted along the beige on her sides, and was a cafe au lait colored beige between the saddles, that made her stand out. This was before all the color-morphs were tickled out of the gene-pool. As she grew, the pink scales multiplied so she had more pinkish color to the beige sides, than most. Between her saddles stayed light beige anyway. She was a wonderful companion for many years. I had a friend pet-sitting her as I moved into a new apartment, and she was lost while there. I've been missing that interaction my whole adult life. I'm over 50 now - my kids are grown and gone - and I want to find another boa-girl.
Closed Thread