border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Boa Constrictor

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-21, 09:26 PM   #1
MatCat

About to get this boa from local breeder, need help telling if its BCC or BCI

Hello everyone, looking at this boa from a local breeder, she claims it is a BCC, I think the saddles point towards it being BCC, hard to really tell the tail redness with the lighting in this pic, so throwing it out there to get others opinions on it.
Login to remove ads
Old 12-02-21, 10:51 AM   #2
poison123

Re: About to get this boa from local breeder, need help telling if its BCC or BCI

Could go either way or even a cross. The saddles I've learned long ago aren't completely accurate. Though BCCs do seem to more commonly have peaked saddles, I've seen it in both BCI and BCC. I guess just by looking at this pic I can see how it could be a BCC. Did they say which locality it is? Better photos and better lighting is needed. And since they are the breeder they can even provide pics of the parents.
Old 12-02-21, 10:54 AM   #3
MatCat

Re: About to get this boa from local breeder, need help telling if its BCC or BCI

Yeah, a lot of people on other media are thinking BCI over BCC, especially since she only wants $70. She has sand boas too so I made a deal for $100 for a sand boa and one of these (waiting on funds to clear in my bank), will go check them out in person and hopefully get to see the parents :P Will get either way, but am curious to know exactly what I am getting.
Old 12-04-21, 05:02 PM   #4
MatCat

I got the Boa! 2 infact! got a Kenyan sand from same breeder as well.
Old 12-05-21, 09:09 AM   #5
poison123

Nice. Grats! The boa does look like a bci to me. Both look great!
Old 12-05-21, 11:23 AM   #6
MatCat

Got a cool pic of her, she seems to like the center point of these ropes to chill on. She readily took a mouse last night so she is just chillin' there digesting . Where she is sitting she is getting 82F (hot spot is 92F), guess she likes it she hasn't moved other then to give the camera the evil eye when I took the pic lol.
Closed Thread