border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Morelia Spilota

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-19, 12:29 PM   #1
Mikeyv2009

Question New Baby jungle will not leave hide . New owner here

So I recently picked up my first carpet python or any python for that matter last Saturday 3/16 and since then with the exception of the first night it has just been hanging out on the cool side of the terrarium. I did try feeding two days ago and it did take down two pinkie mice but has yet to come out at night and explore or move from it's hide. Is it just because it's a really young snake and maybe scared to move about the terrarium? I thought carpet pythons were supposed to be pretty active and and inquisitive species that loves to perch on branches etc ?

Thanks guys !
Login to remove ads
Old 03-22-19, 10:07 PM   #2
phenyx

Re: New Baby jungle will not leave hide . New owner here

Your snake is still settling in and, if you fed 2 days ago, still digesting its meal. Both my snakes are slugs for several days after they eat. Give it 2-3 weeks to settle in and get used to its new environment. As long as your temps and humidity are where they should be, and your heat sources regulated by thermostats, your baby should settle in and begin exploring soon.
Old 03-23-19, 12:48 AM   #3
Mikeyv2009

Re: New Baby jungle will not leave hide . New owner here

Thank you , don't mean to ask "beginner" questions.. I just want to make sure 100% I am doing everything right and her behavior is normal.
Closed Thread