border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-17, 03:55 PM   #1
BallPython899

What Bulb For 75 Gallon??

Im getting a new tank for my male ball python. It is a 75 gallon 4 ft long. What bulb should i get? Plz help thx
Login to remove ads
Old 05-27-17, 05:20 PM   #2
Cricket1234

Re: What Bulb For 75 Gallon??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallPython899 View Post
Im getting a new tank for my male ball python. It is a 75 gallon 4 ft long. What bulb should i get? Plz help thx
Thats a bit big for a ball python, but good for you! He'll apreciate the extra space! What are you talking about when you mention bulb, is it for heating, or just plain lighting? Is it on the cool or warm side?
Old 05-27-17, 10:31 PM   #3
akane

4ft long might take 2 bulbs depending on your house temp to keep stable. If you keep it cool at any point in the year I would double up with a lower wattage on one end or a radiant heat panel might be better. My 55 is back down to near 70F in my 68F house by the other end of 4' with a 100w bulb and the ends covered reducing 1/2 the screen top area. Granted I'm aiming for a lower hot end so there's less cooling to do but that's in 12" wide instead of 18" wide difference of space. I had 2 lights on it for awhile because I had nothing over 75w due to all my tanks being shorter in height and length even if wider so there was less loss by the substrate surface and by the farthest point from the light.
Old 05-27-17, 11:38 PM   #4
dannybgoode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket1234 View Post
Thats a bit big for a ball python, but good for you! He'll apreciate the extra space! What are you talking about when you mention bulb, is it for heating, or just plain lighting? Is it on the cool or warm side?
I've seen someone just complete a stunning 8' viv for a regius. I wouldn't keep one in anything less than a 4' but I know others will disagree here. To the op make sure it has lots of opportunities to hide and plenty of leaf cover either from artificial or real plants.

It will also most likely take the opportunity to climb if you put a branch or two in.
0.1 B imperator, 1.0 M spilota harrisoni, 1.0 C hortulanus, 2.1 P reticulatus (Madu locality), 1.1 S amethystine, 1.1 L olivaceous, 1.0 C angulifer, 1.0 Z persicus, 0.1 P regius, 0.1 N natrix, 0.1 E climacophora, 1.0 P obsoletus, 0.1 L geluta nigrtia, 1.0 P catenifer sayi, 1.0 T lepidus
Old 05-28-17, 07:54 AM   #5
BallPython899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket1234 View Post
Its for heating i mean how many watts in the warm side I never had a 75 gallon so i really don't know
Login to remove ads
Old 05-28-17, 05:48 PM   #6
BallPython899

Smile Re: What Bulb For 75 Gallon??

I meant how many watts for heat idk if i already posted this.. but i was on a different device. Thx for all the replies it really helped!
Closed Thread