border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > sSNAKESs.com Forums > sSNAKESs.com

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-05, 04:32 PM   #31
HeatherRose

Send a message via MSN to HeatherRose
As I mentioned, the current mod team has had NOTHING TO DO with the censoring, and I have been told it will be dealt with soon.
Old 03-18-05, 04:34 PM   #32
HeatherRose

Quote:
as for adding things some care sheets arent even working and were brought to the attention of mods and they havent done anything to fix it or at least tell administration...
How many times can I say this?? The mods had no power to do anything... the admin was obviously MIA. This has changed now, and the site will be taken care of.

If the 'mods haven't done anything' it's because we/they couldn't.
Old 03-18-05, 04:38 PM   #33
CORN_SNAKE91

Send a message via MSN to CORN_SNAKE91
im not hating the mods, u've guys done a great job! I'm just baffled that administration wont fix things up and wont take care of a well rounded site
Old 03-18-05, 04:41 PM   #34
HeatherRose

Well, they are promising to take care of the site. I would NOT be here still if I personally did not think they had the sites best interest in mind. Trust me.
Old 03-18-05, 04:44 PM   #35
CORN_SNAKE91

promises are broken especially by people i dont know

ill just have to wait and see, but that doesnt mean they should ban a sites name
Login to remove ads
Old 03-18-05, 04:52 PM   #36
HeatherRose

I pmed you...

I can't say this enough... they didn't star out the name and are working to do something about it.
Old 03-18-05, 04:55 PM   #37
CORN_SNAKE91

yep...

EDIT is it the moderators that will change the site or the admin.?

if its the admin. why doesnt he/she not ask us instead of moderators asking?

Last edited by CORN_SNAKE91; 03-18-05 at 05:00 PM..
Old 03-18-05, 05:03 PM   #38
Alien_Regalis

Once again I must stress the fact that it is not the owners that made this site what it is. Its the members, all of you that have made ssnakess.com great. This site is still canadian. sSNAKESs.com is still THE place for everything canadian reptile related. This will not stop. sSNAKESs.com has its own personality, its set aside from the rest of the reptile websites out there. But again, you have to remember that its not the owners that sets it aside, its YOU. You are the face of ssnakess.com.

In addition we are setting up another ssnakess.com chat room on ReptiChat.com you can access it at www.reptichat.com you can find further discussions about this there.

"Im very passionate about pigs"
Steve Irwin
Old 03-18-05, 05:18 PM   #39
justinO

Jeff, It has been mentioned a bunch of times in the past, but one of my only pet peeves about the site are the classifieds.

It REALLY bugs me when someone posts an ad for something and leaves out all the important information. I think it should be a requirement for ALL classified ads to have:

1) location
2) price ( example, "i've got a ball for sale, pm me for details").. its an annoyance. It just adds too much time.

It is good to see the admin is willing to listen to its members and willing to make positive changes.

Cheers,
Justin & Jessy
Old 03-18-05, 05:22 PM   #40
Shane Tesser

Actually i form with must have info for such things as classifieds might be a simple solutions. Basically have an order that stuff has to be filed in. For example...what your selling, price, yours location, quantity, your email or other contact info etc etc.

Oh yeah, incase ive gone quite un-noticed....im baaaack!
Login to remove ads
Old 03-18-05, 05:23 PM   #41
nareptiles

I agree this is still a good site and I will continue to post adds here and now I might be able to actually get ahold of someone for advertising.It would have been nice to know the site was for sale ,because I would have liked to have bought it myself.I have noticed since moving back to Canada after 13 years of living in the Usa that the herp comunity here is alot different .The people here are more of a close knit comunity which is a good thing ,in the states it is a real cut throat busines and alot of politics are involved.Here in Canada people take alot more pride in what they are selling you and everything I have bought or have had traded in has been in excellent condition.It is not who owns the site that counts ,it is the people on it that make a difference.
nareptiles@cogeco.ca
Sarnia ,Ontario
Old 03-18-05, 05:25 PM   #42
HeatherRose

Quote:
if its the admin. why doesnt he/she not ask us instead of moderators asking?
I've been talking to the admin/Jeff all day. I just volunteered to post the post, after he checked it over.
Old 03-18-05, 05:28 PM   #43
HeatherRose

Shane is that form doable here? Or do you need the new Vbulliten software?
Old 03-18-05, 05:29 PM   #44
Joe

Send a message via MSN to Joe
welcome back Shane.... missed ya buddy!
Old 03-18-05, 05:32 PM   #45
Shane Tesser

Heather, i have one in the works of aTa right now. Its actually something that a member of mine suggested and i thought what a great idea. It could even extend to such things as questions reguarding health. Think about it, weed through the usual questions. People would simply post things such as temp range, amount of light and what type....type of heading, feeding, what size of food, type of enclosure...and a description of what the problem with the herp is...ie R.I.

Its still in the works on my site...but i could adapt it here im quite sure. So leave it with me....that is, if ppl think its a good idea, and ill see if i can put something like that into action! Your thoughts......your site, let me know
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread