Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-12, 03:39 PM   #16
KORBIN5895
Village Idiot

Re: Reptillian Theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykee View Post
I prefer to think that my snakes are emotionless because it's easier for me to toss them in the freezer when they get the sniffles.
I like to think they have emotions. I also like to imagine the abject terror they feel when I toss them in the freezer. I pretend I can hear their screams. It also makes watching them breed more fun!
Old 11-21-12, 04:35 PM   #17
SnakeyJay
Boa Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 View Post
I like to think they have emotions. I also like to imagine the abject terror they feel when I toss them in the freezer. I pretend I can hear their screams. It also makes watching them breed more fun!
Awesome... Your forgetting about the look of terror in their eyes when you make the other snakes watch.
Old 11-21-12, 04:48 PM   #18
marvelfreak
Captain America

They are cold blooded, unfeeling creatures. They only live to eat, reproduce, and make messes for me to clean up. Just like my first wife. lol

But seriously all i am to my snakes is the person that cleans there cage, waters and feeds them. They don't love me they could care less about me. Anyone could take care of them. If i am handling them and they wrap around me it for heat, or to keep from falling, or maybe protection.

I have had friends over and they will be holding my snakes and certain snakes will climb from them back to me every time. Does this mean they love me? Hell no. It just means they associate me with being safe. They are out and moving around they're people they don't know, so to them i am like a safe hide. Nothing more! They know i won't hurt them and will put them back in their cage where it's safe.
Old 11-21-12, 06:06 PM   #19
StudentoReptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelfreak View Post
They are cold blooded, unfeeling creatures. They only live to eat, reproduce, and make messes for me to clean up. Just like my first wife. lol

But seriously all i am to my snakes is the person that cleans there cage, waters and feeds them. They don't love me they could care less about me. Anyone could take care of them. If i am handling them and they wrap around me it for heat, or to keep from falling, or maybe protection.

I have had friends over and they will be holding my snakes and certain snakes will climb from them back to me every time. Does this mean they love me? Hell no. It just means they associate me with being safe. They are out and moving around they're people they don't know, so to them i am like a safe hide. Nothing more! They know i won't hurt them and will put them back in their cage where it's safe.
Ditto. They do not show love or affection in any way. In reality, neither do any reptiles. ANything can be traced back to instinctual behavior.
Old 11-21-12, 06:35 PM   #20
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Anybody have any facts to back the claims?
Login to remove ads
Old 11-21-12, 07:13 PM   #21
dinosaurdammit

Send a message via Skype™ to dinosaurdammit

My snakes love me >:C DONT YOU DARE TELL ME DIFFERENT

Also, I am pretty sure my monitor appreciates me even if it is because when he crawls on me he gets squid. Thats love. Totally
Old 11-21-12, 07:43 PM   #22
Gungirl
Diesel the pumpkin killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
Anybody have any facts to back the claims?
Of course not ... what person with any intelligence is going to waste time finding out if snakes "love". The answer is no.. they do not.
Old 11-21-12, 07:48 PM   #23
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungirl View Post
Of course not ... what person with any intelligence is going to waste time finding out if snakes "love". The answer is no.. they do not.
I was hoping as a group we could find some information. Wayne said it best that nobody tests for "love" but I have a small lead on some brain activity of reptiles.

That's probably where to look. Not emotion but brain activity.

I am looking for the information so whenever this comes up I can post it so as to have some credit to what I'm saying.
Old 11-21-12, 07:53 PM   #24
Gungirl
Diesel the pumpkin killer

After seeing this thread I did a bit of searching.. I didn't find anything but I would love to read anything you find.
Old 11-21-12, 07:55 PM   #25
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
I was hoping as a group we could find some information. Wayne said it best that nobody tests for "love" but I have a small lead on some brain activity of reptiles.

That's probably where to look. Not emotion but brain activity.

I am looking for the information so whenever this comes up I can post it so as to have some credit to what I'm saying.
Aaron,i would be interested in reading up on snake brain activity,especially when the snakes placed in certain situations...

please feel free to share any information/studies etc you find mate

cheers shaun
Old 11-21-12, 07:57 PM   #26
red ink
Wandering Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
Doubt it, put one on the ground, call it's name... does it even look back?? nope.

will they consume their own babies?? most will, and never give it a thought.
Lets do one better to conclusive prove that snakes have emotions.... particularly the emotion of snakes "loving" their keepers.

Let's all take are snakes out into a suitable environment for them to thrive in and set them free...

afterall if you love something then set it free, if it comes back it loves you back... doesn't it?

We can all convene in a month to discuss our findings... we can not prove this without proper experimentation and proper statistical data to back us up?

Who's with me on this?
Old 11-21-12, 08:12 PM   #27
marvelfreak
Captain America

Quote:
Originally Posted by red ink View Post
Lets do one better to conclusive prove that snakes have emotions.... particularly the emotion of snakes "loving" their keepers.

Let's all take are snakes out into a suitable environment for them to thrive in and set them free...

afterall if you love something then set it free, if it comes back it loves you back... doesn't it?

We can all convene in a month to discuss our findings... we can not prove this without proper experimentation and proper statistical data to back us up?

Who's with me on this?
It been really cold here at nights so i don't know if they would make it threw the night. But hey i do have a Ball python their a dime a dozen so i could try it with him. lol
Old 11-21-12, 08:50 PM   #28
jarich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungirl View Post
If that were even remotely true Kat, we would all still believe the earth was flat. A person of intelligence would not be so sure of something without first having researched it. Hence the original point of this thread...
Old 11-21-12, 11:08 PM   #29
Danimal

Why is this important? Because someone is annoying? I believe the same as most of you, I just don't think it's important enough to give this much thought. If you have to start a concerted effort to track down information, and you don't have any luck... hello.
Old 11-21-12, 11:52 PM   #30
EmbraceCalamity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
Why is this important? Because someone is annoying? I believe the same as most of you, I just don't think it's important enough to give this much thought. If you have to start a concerted effort to track down information, and you don't have any luck... hello.
1) This is a reptile forum for discussing reptiles. That's what this is.
2) Infernalis put this nicely: http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/788011-post19.html

~Maggot
Closed Thread