border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > sSNAKESs.com Forums > sSNAKESs.com

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-05, 11:00 PM   #16
marisa

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
But what's the differance between using ssnakess.com photo hosting and someone elses? I mean heck, there are tons of free ones out there even. I understand *totally* wanting to donate, just not the anger that seems to be associated during this time when the site is simply not taking anymore. It's not really a big deal in my mind. I didn't even donate before they cut it off....I don't really feel I am missing anything. I simply host my photos elsewhere, and that's about all!

Marisa
Old 01-30-05, 11:02 PM   #17
HeatherRose

Send a message via MSN to HeatherRose
I'm with Marisa on this... I don't understand why people just don't get a photo account at www.photobucket.com ... it's completely compatible with ssnakess, and even has an [img] tagged link all set up for you.
Old 01-30-05, 11:08 PM   #18
spidergecko

Send a message via MSN to spidergecko
The reason I think it is better to have space here is that it is more likely someone interested in seeing my animals will actually see them here when they browse the gallery. Admittedly, the gallery doesn't seem to be used the same way I've seen it used on other boards (eg: regular comments, posting, etc.) JMO.

However, it makes no difference to me because my internet provider (Rogers) gives hundreds of Mb in space.
Old 01-31-05, 09:12 AM   #19
peterm15

rogers gives space for pics... where
Old 01-31-05, 09:35 AM   #20
Steve

Send a message via MSN to Steve
I don't like the whole 'no donation' thing because some people who would like to have a banner or some other advertisement on the site can't. This seems to only let the existing advertisers been seen
Old 01-31-05, 09:41 AM   #21
Matt_K

We all share your frustration.. And we all understand that members don't find it 'fair' or whatever else. I just don't understand why we have to keep beating this dead horse.. This issue has been discussed about 20 times now.. It comes up monthly and NOTHING has changed..

We (the Mods) are not the ones that decided we didn't want/need donations anymore, nor are we the ones who were offering Banners, Forums, Personal Classified Forums or Photo Galleries. We're just aswering what we can, and as frustrating as that may be, it's all we can offer at this time.. There is a thread/post on this made by Jeff which explains everything, I suggest anyone that is upset by not being able to donate, search for it and read it for yourself.

-Matt
Old 01-31-05, 09:46 AM   #22
ReneeB

Could one of the mods sticky Jeff's post about this to the top of the general forum for us that an't find the post while searching (I keep getting the 60 seconds thing even if I haven't been here all day, and yes I've cleared every cache, cookie, etc from the site from my system), as well didn't Jeff change his name on here to something else?

Perhaps Jeff could give a mod (or a few mods) some admin powers while he is away to help members out more than they can now?
Old 01-31-05, 10:03 AM   #23
Matt_K

http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/showt...r&pagenumber=3
Old 01-31-05, 10:11 AM   #24
ReneeB

Thanks Matt.. couldn't find it under Jeff's name, now I see why..
Old 01-31-05, 10:14 AM   #25
spidergecko

Send a message via MSN to spidergecko
Quote:
Originally posted by peterm15
rogers gives space for pics... where
First off, I meant "tens of Mb" not hundreds. I was writing different than I was thinking

I am talking about webspace. You have 7 webspace accounts with Rogers and each one gives 15 Mb so you get 105 Mb of free space. With the new move to Geocities and Rogers' quest for money vs. customer care, the webspace is becoming useless for anything more than storage. I use it now just so bandwidth isn't taken from my paid hosting account.
Login to remove ads
Old 01-31-05, 02:02 PM   #26
marisa

Send a message via ICQ to marisa Send a message via MSN to marisa Send a message via Yahoo to marisa
If you use the rogers webspace with geocities, they give you more than standard storage, and i think it's 1 or 3 gb of transfer a month, which is more than geocities normally does....and your rogers one has no ads on it like the free one. So in reality you are getting more since the merge. And also Rogers pays THEM for the merge, not the other way around. :| But obviously not the time or place to discuss this.

In any case, admin powers for us won't help as we still cannot accept donations. Although it would be convienent to be able to make a "Crested Geckos by Matt_K" forum so he'll stop clogging the exsisting one with his army.

Marisa
Old 01-31-05, 02:21 PM   #27
Matt_K

Quote:
Originally posted by CamHanna
PS - I don't thinks Matt's rude, witty, but never rude.o>
Is this Sarcasm young man??????

Thanks man, at least there are a few people who can tell the difference!!

-Matt
Old 01-31-05, 02:34 PM   #28
bighillreptiles

Send a message via MSN to bighillreptiles Send a message via Yahoo to bighillreptiles
Well Im saying is that if sSNAKESs ever start to axcept accounts again I also would like one but what can one do but wait it out till Jeff gets his a$$ in gear So the Mods can Stop getting harassed over his neglect of his site my 2 cents worth
Old 01-31-05, 02:42 PM   #29
marisa

The site isn't being neglected!

How is NOT wanting your money hurting you?!?!

YES it sucks you can't have photo hosting, but its available EVERYWHERE.

Yes it sucks people can't get banners, again there are other places to advertise.

I cannot believe so many people are upset that they can't give their money to someone! It's like being mad at IGA for not selling fruit anymore. It's THEIR choice! Thank goodness Jeff doesn't need donations anymore, that means financially the site is doing just fine!

Let's drop this now because as Matt pointed out, its a dead horse being beaten for no reason at all.

Marisa
Old 01-31-05, 02:45 PM   #30
marisa

I am closing this now because it's pointless to keep it open.

The website going perfectly fine as it is now, and although some cannot handle that, I will not allow anyone to come and say Jeff is doing this or that when in reality, its no ones business but ssnakess.com when it comes to taking donations or not.

CLOSED - And any other threads started on this topic will also be closed.

Marisa
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread