sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Lizard Forums > Varanid

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-13, 11:41 AM   #1
Billman

Red Ackie-Who breeds/Where to buy one?!

Hey all
Im really looking for a Red Ackie (Varanus Acanthurus), I have been vigourously looking and came up short. I cant find any to buy.
Im looking for a CB hatchling.
Does anyone here breed? Or know of someone who does, Or might be getting some?
Any info would be greatly appreciated, If you know are a breeder, know of a breeder/contact info/ etc.
Please let me know, I will appreciate it!
Thanks,
Bill
Login to remove ads
Old 08-13-13, 02:07 PM   #2
Aanayab1

Re: Red Ackie-Who breeds/Where to buy one?!

Do you have appropriate housing arrangements ready for one?
What I share are only my experiences, point of view or things I have read. They are not what you must do or believe. They are simply things to give you ideas and research further so you can make an educated/informed decision on what may work best for you and your animal.
Old 08-13-13, 02:15 PM   #3
smy_749

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billman View Post
Hey all
Im really looking for a Red Ackie (Varanus Acanthurus), I have been vigourously looking and came up short. I cant find any to buy.
Im looking for a CB hatchling.
Does anyone here breed? Or know of someone who does, Or might be getting some?
Any info would be greatly appreciated, If you know are a breeder, know of a breeder/contact info/ etc.
Please let me know, I will appreciate it!
Thanks,
Bill

Try Faunaclassifieds if you haven't already. There are lots of breeders around, but ackies just sell so quickly and the well known breeders have large wait lists
Old 08-13-13, 04:40 PM   #4
Billman

@Aaanayab1- In the process of building an enclosure. I contacted Gatorhunter on here, and he said he will have some hatching soon, and be available for purchase a few weeks after that, Giving me enough time to build it/ test it.

@smy_749- Thanks for the tip. Ive already got ahold of a breeder (gatorhunter1231 I believe) and will most likely be purchasing from him.

Do you guys have any input?
Old 08-13-13, 05:40 PM   #5
infernalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billman View Post
@Aaanayab1- In the process of building an enclosure. I contacted Gatorhunter on here, and he said he will have some hatching soon, and be available for purchase a few weeks after that, Giving me enough time to build it/ test it.

@smy_749- Thanks for the tip. Ive already got ahold of a breeder (gatorhunter1231 I believe) and will most likely be purchasing from him.

Do you guys have any input?
Yes I have input, awesome choice for breeders, Dustin breeds quality animals and is a great person to work with......His reputation is solid.

You will be pleased, Count on it.

Savannahmonitor.net
Login to remove ads
Old 08-13-13, 05:53 PM   #6
Billman

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
Yes I have input, awesome choice for breeders, Dustin breeds quality animals and is a great person to work with......His reputation is solid.

Thank you for the input! Excellent to hear! You put my mind at ease, after wondering/worrying about all of the "What ifs". He seems like a great guy, Thanks for the assurance!
Old 08-14-13, 12:25 PM   #7
Aanayab1

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalis View Post

I second this statement. I own some of his and will buy from him again soon. Customer service is the best I have encountered, ever. Awesome guy producing awesome monitors. So if you have the opportunity I would say do not hesitate.

Antonio.
What I share are only my experiences, point of view or things I have read. They are not what you must do or believe. They are simply things to give you ideas and research further so you can make an educated/informed decision on what may work best for you and your animal.
Old 08-14-13, 01:07 PM   #8
Billman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aanayab1 View Post
I second this statement. I own some of his and will buy from him again soon. Customer service is the best I have encountered, ever. Awesome guy producing awesome monitors. So if you have the opportunity I would say do not hesitate.

Antonio.
Sounds good! I will definitely be buying from him, Once I get this enclosure done. Hopefully I can figure out the lighting aspect of it. Been searching and searching a saving pics of different lamp setups. If I dont decide what im doing, You guys may see a thread started here in the next couple weeks about it.. Ha.
Thanks for the positive news, Great atmosphere on this forum!
Old 08-14-13, 01:29 PM   #9
infernalis

same principals apply....

Savannah Monitor Housing

the lighting is illustrated & the tub enclosure was for Ackies.

Savannahmonitor.net
Old 08-14-13, 02:28 PM   #10
Billman

Thank you!^
Login to remove ads
Old 08-14-13, 03:16 PM   #11
Gatorhunter1231

I can shoot you my phone number if you want. I just took some pics of baby monitor setups for someone else. You don't want to crazy of a setup until they about three months old. I personally use Walmart 48watt halogens from Walmart. I think they are par 30. Just make sure you lights do not have a clear center. Place light over rete stack, rock pile or log pile. That way you offer multiple basking temps. My babies normally use 120f surface temp but do use 150f sometimes. Few inches of soil till about three months old and lots of food. Easy as pie once you get setup
Old 08-14-13, 03:21 PM   #12
Gatorhunter1231

@ Wayne. I clicked your link. That is my light setup from a long time ago lol. The black wood in the corner is where hellbound pulled a dome light down and burned the wood.
Old 08-14-13, 10:29 PM   #13
Billman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorhunter1231 View Post
I can shoot you my phone number if you want. I just took some pics of baby monitor setups for someone else. You don't want to crazy of a setup until they about three months old. I personally use Walmart 48watt halogens from Walmart. I think they are par 30. Just make sure you lights do not have a clear center. Place light over rete stack, rock pile or log pile. That way you offer multiple basking temps. My babies normally use 120f surface temp but do use 150f sometimes. Few inches of soil till about three months old and lots of food. Easy as pie once you get setup
Thank you. I really appreciate that. I will pm you about phoning each other, maybe we can hook up over the weekend and have a chat. Not home now, have to do this w/ my phone, ill wait till I get to my laptop .
Thanks, talk to ya soon
Closed Thread

Tags
ackie, breeder, monitor