border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > New to the forum?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-20, 10:38 AM   #1
ArizonaSivy

Greetings & question

Hello everyone!

My name's Daniel, and recently I was able to realize what has been my dream for many years, that is, I've become the proud owner of a wee little corn snake whom I named Shenron.

I've registered to this forum because, though I did a bit of research before acquiring my new pet, I'm still a complete amateur. So Shenron is still alive and well, it seems, he's eating and does not look distressed with his new home. I have some questions, though. When I brought him home, I pretty much left him alone for the first week so that he would get used to the new environment, as was suggested. He kept to himself mostly, remaining in his hide. But that also was the reason why I failed to notice that he started shedding. Though the shed came off in 2 pieces and looked mostly undamaged, as I was cleaning Shenron's terrarium today I noticed that he still has some loose shreds of skin stuck to his belly. Which is weird, as by the looks of the shed it seemed like he got rid of all his skin.

Videos I find online suggest that I should give him a bath to remove the rest of the dead skin. But my question is, should I do that with a snake this young? Shenron is 2 months old at most, and since I just got him, wouldn't it be better to just leave him alone, and save him the extra stress? I upped the humidity in his enclosure for now, but since he's still super shy and mostly stays in his den, I don't know if that's going to help him shed completely.

What do you think? Is this normal for juvenile corn snakes? Most of the instructions I find are for adults. Am I doing everything correctly? Please let me know.

Anyway, thanks a bunch and take care!

-ArizonaSivy and Shenron
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread