border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-17, 09:01 AM   #1
Jack4193

Is Bob Clark reputable?

I am a beginner snake keeper of 2 corns and 1 BP. I want to try a breeding project and looked up albino pied bps and Bob Clarks I page is the first that came up. Have any of you bought from him? If so is he reputable. I trust anyone until they give me a reason not to, but I just want to make sure I don't spen $1000 on snakes and something goes wrong. I've noticed he sells breeder projects in pairs which I think is a great idea! All of his BPs I've looked at are very well priced if not a little suspicious on how affordable they are. He sounds like a safe breeder that can be trusted just checking if any of you have had problems with him. (Ps. If Bob Clark is reading this I have no means of offending I am just skeptical until I get other people to confirm good things)
Login to remove ads
Old 01-10-17, 09:12 AM   #2
dave himself

Re: Is Bob Clark reputable?

I'm a great believer in shopping around checkout Constrictors Unlimited as well they've some beautiful BPs .
Oh and I've personal seen at least 10 snakes brought back from Hamm to Ireland from Bob with no problems, this is just my own personal experience

Last edited by dave himself; 01-10-17 at 09:31 AM..
Old 01-10-17, 09:30 AM   #3
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness

Haha, if Bob Clark i reading this XD

I would say he is reputable as he is one of the top breeders in the country and very well known. That being said I have heard some peole comment on his professionalism and customer service. I have never purchased from him however, so cannot say for sure.
All of that being said, you should check out faunaclassifieds. Supporting smaller breeders is a great way to gove back to our community. If you are nervous about reputation, look at the BOI (board of inquiry).

Don't get me wrong, he has some great animals at a fair deal, but you mat find something you like better elsewhere. When I was looking for a female lesser pin BP, there were onlt 3 available ANYWHERE. One was too expensive and looked to be low quality, one was reasonable and looked nice (bob clark), but the one I got was the same cost of Bob's but nuuuuch nicer imo. So I got that one and don't regret a thing!

I stopped counting at 30....
Old 01-10-17, 10:04 AM   #4
GyGbeetle

Send a message via Yahoo to GyGbeetle

I agree with Mink's assessment of choosing a local breeder. Bob Clark seems to be fairly reputable, and he has YouTube offerings that tour his facilities. He does a lot in the way of education as well. He has auctions for his snakes, where you might be able to get them at a more affordable price. But he's also a large breeder. I have only ever purchased snakes from local breeders, for a couple of reasons: (1) you can look at the animal in person and make your decisions; (2) they don't have to be shipped.

Shop around, see what's out there, look up some classified ads first.

But if anyone asks, I only have 1. The rest just showed up for the house party.
Old 01-10-17, 10:34 AM   #5
Andy_G
Forum Moderator

Yes he is reputable.
Login to remove ads
Old 01-10-17, 12:07 PM   #6
Derek Roddy

Bobs a good dude but, I always try to find stuff locally, either through your community OR through a forum like this....where people know each other.
Its always better to go local if you can as if there is a problem, etc....it can be settled without shipping animals or money. Plus, you might be able to find a mentor, etc to help you get started.
If you look hard enough, I'm sure you will find keepers in your area. OR ask around here.....I'm sure there maybe someone here who can point you in the right direction.

Cheers,
D
Old 01-10-17, 04:53 PM   #7
jossh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Roddy View Post
Bobs a good dude but, I always try to find stuff locally, either through your community OR through a forum like this....where people know each other.
Its always better to go local if you can as if there is a problem, etc....it can be settled without shipping animals or money. Plus, you might be able to find a mentor, etc to help you get started.
If you look hard enough, I'm sure you will find keepers in your area. OR ask around here.....I'm sure there maybe someone here who can point you in the right direction.

Cheers,
D
I'm with you on this! Buy local! From snakes to beef- local!

Unless you're picking up a blackhead python... Then distance is just a number
Old 01-10-17, 07:21 PM   #8
bigsnakegirl785

I don't much care if it's local (I would never find what I wanted if I did), but I definitely do prefer smaller well-known breeders. They tend to be more focused on quality breedings, and will be a lot more personal with the sale than a large-scale breeder tends to be. They tend to focus on finding and making the next hottest morph, even if it's not of particularly good quality.
Old 01-14-17, 02:39 AM   #9
KrokadilyanGuy3

Send a message via AIM to KrokadilyanGuy3 Send a message via Yahoo to KrokadilyanGuy3

He's a good dude. I've bought from him many times back in the day when I kept large snakes. Granted I lived near him so that's where I naturally went to. Every time I saw him sell something at the shows he always made sure the keeper knew what he was getting in to and that the snake would be properly kept.
Old 01-14-17, 07:47 AM   #10
REM955

I was actually going to post something akin to this as Bob Clark's site was the one I was searching on. Does he have some sort of size guarantee on the super dwarfs or is it just a verification of parents and their lengths? I am leaning to the latter as anything could happen in the hands of the owner.
Login to remove ads
Old 01-14-17, 10:10 AM   #11
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness

I wanted to know that as well Tem and emailed him to ask. Never gor a response though. Maybe you will have better luck?

I stopped counting at 30....
Old 01-14-17, 01:39 PM   #12
Captain837

I agree with buying local when possible. You will never get a 100% accurate impression of the looks of an animal through pictures.
Old 01-14-17, 04:00 PM   #13
valkea

I wish I could buy local! If I stuck with only local animals (or ones within a 7 hour round trip) I'd be extremely limited. I'd only have a few of my balls, two corns, a king and one hognose.

I'm even buying three snakes from out of Country. Well. Bought. They're currently with my friend who found the breeder for me by accident.

That being said, I've never bought from Bob but a good friend has and had a great experience.
Old 01-14-17, 04:34 PM   #14
RAD House

Bob Clark is a reputable force in the industry and has been doing this for many years now. I would also point you to boi on faunaclassifieds.com for further research. When it comes to something as hard to pick out as a super dwarf, I would feel much safer purchasing from a well known name in the hobby over a local breeder. For one they are more likely to honor genetic guarantees as they areven more likely to still be in business. I am also likely to trust Bob as he has most likely been working with the gene longer.