sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/index.php)
-   Front Page Polls (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   What's your favourite snake family? (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108229)

Clonez 02-12-18 04:07 PM

Re: What's your favourite snake family?

Pythons! I have had snakes for 20 years and 2 years ago I would have undoubtedly said boas, but after getting my first carpet python and then adding another a couple weeks ago that's all I look at now. The absolute stunning colors of carpets along with their difference in looks compared to a boa and how impressive they are while eating has completely won me over! I still want a nice sunglow boa sometime but for now I want to add more carpets.

EL Ziggy 02-12-18 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clonez (Post 1034264)
Pythons! I have had snakes for 20 years and 2 years ago I would have undoubtedly said boas, but after getting my first carpet python and then adding another a couple weeks ago that's all I look at now. The absolute stunning colors of carpets along with their difference in looks compared to a boa and how impressive they are while eating has completely won me over! I still want a nice sunglow boa sometime but for now I want to add more carpets.

Carpets changed everything for me too Clonez. They're perfect snakes imo. ;)

Mrjakesnake 03-15-18 03:00 PM

Hey I'm new

I have a 24x18x12 what snake would u pick to put in jt

TRD 03-25-18 05:54 AM

Re: Hey I'm new

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrjakesnake (Post 1035134)
I have a 24x18x12 what snake would u pick to put in jt

Too small for about any adult snake. Can keep a juvenile in there for its first year perhaps. Most smaller snakes need at least 36x18x18, most snakes that cross 3' would rather need a 48x24x18 and length only goes longer after that.

TRD 03-25-18 06:03 AM

Favorite family for me: Psammophiidae

By far the most interesting snake species to keep in my opinion... active, diurnal, good sight, social interactions, can cohab easily, have unique behaviors, very hardy, most stay small, very beautiful.

Only not that easy to get, and not snakes to handle as they are rear fanged and venomous (are in the same superfamily as elapids), can be finicky to get eating on ft (if at all).

novas.mama 06-07-18 12:29 AM

Im new to the python family. I took one in about a 2 months ago and its the best decision I made. I originally thought I would just take her in until I could find her a good home because I had never owned a reptile before and snakes had always creeped me out. She had been living in a very small tank in a dark closet so once I got her back to my house, I immediately got her settled into a larger tank with proper lighting and heating/humidity. I swear its like she's doubled in size since I've had her. I don't care what anyone says about snakes not having feelings but its been like an instant bond between us. She trusts me and I think she's a lot happier in her new environment. I have no fear with her which blew my mind seeing as I said I would never EVER get a snake. At the end of the day, I highly recommend a ball python to anyone who is thinking about getting a snake as a pet. They're absolutely fascinating :)

mikeneezy 10-16-18 04:46 PM

I'm terrified of snakes yet find them very fascinating. Fascinating enough to get over my fear haha.

My favorite has to be boidae because its my first and only snake. I like the look on bloods and carpets also, but I was told they're more for intermediate keepers? I love how GTPs/ETBs look.

TahoePython 12-29-18 09:21 PM

The Short Tail Pythons have always been my favorites, the beefy nature and perfect top-out length somewhere around 5' or 6' just perfect in my eyes. The
deep blacks of a Sumatran STP or the wild type Blood Python just beautiful! Shout out to Borneo's too hahah!