border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Lizard Forums > General Lizard Forum.

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-17, 10:59 PM   #1
Cricket1234

Got A Beardie!

The reptile wanting disease has struck again! I now am gonna be taking care of an adult bearded dragon! He was a rescue, as I had a friend who couldn't take care of it anymore. He asked me if I wanted to take it and I agreed! So now I will be getting him Sunday plus a full habitat setup. He wasn't handled daily to my knowledge so if he is skittish how would I tame him? I assume it would be like I did with my snake, first putting in something to get it used to my scent, then touching, then handling him? I already know basic care as I actually know basic care for almost all reptiles, as I researched every one I could find then compared them, so I knew what pet was best. I have also been constantly researching to learn as much as I can I normally do at least a month of research before I get an animal. Whoops! Is there any tips yall experienced keepers have for me? Thanks!
Login to remove ads
Old 05-27-17, 05:10 PM   #2
Cricket1234

Re: Got A Beardie!

The reptile wanting disease has struck again! I now am gonna be taking care of an adult bearded dragon! He was a rescue, as I had a friend who couldn't take care of it anymore. He asked me if I wanted to take it and I agreed! So now I will be getting him Sunday plus a full habitat setup. He wasn't handled daily to my knowledge so if he is skittish how would I tame him? I assume it would be like I did with my snake, first putting in something to get it used to my scent, then touching, then handling him? I already know basic care as I actually know basic care for almost all reptiles, as I researched every one I could find then compared them, so I knew what pet was best. I have also been constantly researching to learn as much as I can I normally do at least a month of research before I get an animal. Whoops! Is there any tips yall experienced keepers have for me? Thanks!
Old 05-27-17, 05:12 PM   #3
Cricket1234

Oh sorry, copied and pasted by accident.
Old 05-30-17, 11:53 AM   #4
murrindindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket1234 View Post
Oh sorry, copied and pasted by accident.
Hi, can you put a few photos up of the enclosure and give details of the ambient and surface temps plus the humidity range and how you measure those, also say what type and wattage the heat/light bulbs/tubes are? Thanks!
Old 06-01-17, 09:19 PM   #5
Cricket1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrindindi View Post
Hi, can you put a few photos up of the enclosure and give details of the ambient and surface temps plus the humidity range and how you measure those, also say what type and wattage the heat/light bulbs/tubes are? Thanks!
He still has a not so optimal setup, but I will try to post pics as soon as possible.
Login to remove ads
Old 08-02-17, 07:15 PM   #6
zasshiki10

Got an update with your bearded dragon? How is he doing?
Closed Thread