sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/index.php)
-   HOWTO: Use the forums (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   HOWTO: Post a picture from the gallery. (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8512)

sSNAKESs.com 01-01-03 06:52 PM

HOWTO: Post a picture from the gallery.

1> Upload your picture(s) to the galleries.
2> Select the picture you wish to post and open it.
3> Right click on the picture with your mouse.
4> Go to properties.
5> Highlight the adress with your left mouse button.
6> Hit the CTRL and C button together. The picture path is now saved.
7> Create a new thread where you would like to display the picture.
8> When you are making your thread you will see a IMG button above the color bar. Click that button.
9> In the new box hit CTRL and V button together and it will paste the path to your image.

TIP: To post more then one pic in a thread, its easier if you have 2 browser windows open. That way you can upload and cut in one window and paste it into your new thread or reply thread in the other.

Them and Us 01-01-03 10:36 PM

i never even noticed the button. i always just manually type the "[img]" and "[/img]". very cool now that i know that.

Lisa 01-02-03 02:42 AM

You forgot to tell people how they can get more space in their photo accounts

Shauna 01-02-03 08:34 AM

Hey thanks Jeff,
I have been needing this for weeks, to all those very patient members that have been trying to explain this for weeks, thankyou!!!!!!

dave 01-04-03 11:29 AM

how do you post if the pic you want isnt in the gallary?

sSNAKESs.com 01-04-03 07:56 PM

Dave, just click the IMG button in your post and then enter the path to the picture :)

SCReptiles 06-18-03 12:44 PM

Does the picture necessarily have to stored on your galleries? Can I follow that process and add a photo already stored on the web space for my own website?

Linds 06-18-03 01:07 PM

Yes you can do that as well, just so long as the place your photo is hosted allows it. Many sites such as geocities, webshots, etc. do not allow this, hence it shows up as a little red "x" when people try.

SCReptiles 06-19-03 02:30 PM

My site evidently allows me to share the photos. I posted 3 as a test at http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/showt...threadid=18317 and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the info.

bytheshore1 10-12-03 08:14 AM

i guess i'm a dummy. i hit the control and c but the path is not transferred when i control v. the picture does not post. im confused

Lisa 10-14-03 08:34 PM

Are you highlighting the path first?

Zoe 10-14-03 08:38 PM

My computer used to do that... You might want to highlight the pic url, right-click and select copy over the highlighted part instead of just pressing ctrl C.

Zoe

Borneoblood151 06-02-04 04:44 PM

Hey,
Where is the gallery link located. If I am posting a picture, say into an already started thread, there is no link to point me to the gallery, unless I click on the camera icon on my reply. However, if I don't have a reply already in the thread, there is no way to find the gallery otherwise.
-Angel

C.ADAMANTEUS 01-14-05 06:13 PM

OK, I've tried it every step as listed above, and have NO success.
Others have had success posting MY pics for ME (thanks Matt, and Vengeance), but I still have no luck.
Matt says Im not copying the complete URL, But Im Copying all that I can see. Every character.
Have tried even duplicating the path listed for the successful posts, but I still get a red X when I do it.
Maybe I should have gotten this computor YEARS ago instead of last year. HA HA
Still gotta lot to learn.
Any More advice? Got lots of pics, and would love to share them with Everyone, But dont really want someone else to post them for me every time.................Rick

HeatherRose 01-14-05 06:15 PM

When you highlight the URL, does it end with a file extension? (.jpg etc) It should. Move your cursor ALL the way to the right as you highlight to be sure, see if there's anymore of the URL that just doesn't fit in the box and is hidden...

Good luck...