sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/index.php)
-   Food For Thought Forum (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Another PREVENTABLE tragedy with live feeding (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103798)

infernalis 01-15-14 12:55 PM

Another PREVENTABLE tragedy with live feeding

http://i.imgur.com/sEae3MZ.jpg

once again, someone leaves a rat in with a BP overnight......

grabbed this off facebook just now

kelzerman 01-15-14 01:00 PM

Re: Another avoidable tragedy with live feeding

JESUS F!@# Omg poor little bugger. That is horrible.

Donnie 01-15-14 01:01 PM

That's awful. How can people be so stupid :(

TheFrogman 01-15-14 01:02 PM

I cant, wont and don't even want to look at pictures like this, It just disturbs me so damn much

CK SandBoas 01-15-14 01:03 PM

I just do not get it.....All the person had to do was stay in the room, and watch to make sure something like this didn't happen.... Heck, when I had to feed a female Ball I had live prey, I stayed in the room... even though the short squeal by the rat did get to me when the female struck and grabbed her....but I stayed until the female had the rat halfway down......

That just makes me sick to see :(

TheFrogman 01-15-14 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CK SandBoas (Post 896664)

That just makes me sick to see :(

Me too, I cant stand seeing this crap from negligent owners

Mikoh4792 01-15-14 01:08 PM

What facebook was it?

KORBIN5895 01-15-14 01:37 PM

I think this should be stickied. I actually think we should have a sticky thread of what happens when live feedings go bad. I should go find the link about the people that let their retic with their puppy and how they no longer own said puppy.

CK SandBoas 01-15-14 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 (Post 896680)
I think this should be stickied. I actually think we should have a sticky thread of what happens when live feedings go bad. I should go find the link about the people that let their retic with their puppy and how they no longer own said puppy.

This should be stickied, along with what happens when you cohab snakes. Pardon the expression, but i know we can't fix stupid, or ignorance, but we can show hard cold evidence of how tragic either one of these events can turn out to be....

kelzerman 01-15-14 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 (Post 896680)

What?! Please do find that link I would like to read that. They literally left their puppy with the retic?

Incidents like that give the large constrictors in the hobby a really bad name. Yet it is due to the ignorance of the owner...

drumcrush 01-15-14 01:48 PM

I think it needs a band aid....

but on all seriousness, that is just awful. my dad feeds live but its because his won't eat anything else. but, that doesn't mean to leave it in with a live feeder. I fed live when I first got my mbk (out of curiosity) I fed both live and f/t. I stoped feeding live not only because it was easier to keep mice in the freezer(so I don't have to pay the money to take care of them) but also to be sure a mishap like this would never happen.

KORBIN5895 01-15-14 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelzerman (Post 896684)
What?! Please do find that link I would like to read that. They literally left their puppy with the retic?

Incidents like that give the large constrictors in the hobby a really bad name. Yet it is due to the ignorance of the owner...

They had got pictures of the snake eating the dog and put them on fb. The thread is on the boi.

EL Ziggy 01-15-14 01:55 PM

No comment.

kelzerman 01-15-14 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KORBIN5895 (Post 896692)
They had got pictures of the snake eating the dog and put them on fb. The thread is on the boi.

Whats BOI?

CK SandBoas 01-15-14 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelzerman (Post 896694)
Whats BOI?

Fauna's Board of Inquiry aka The B.O.I