View Single Post
Old 02-23-16, 12:41 PM   #93
bigsnakegirl785

Re: What's your favourite snake family?

So I voted on this a long time ago, but it seems I never posted!

I chose boidae, hands down, no contest. I love their stream-lined faces, and I really love the semi-arboreal species like rainbow boas and boa constrictors. I also really love their slow metabolisms, even if it causes them to grow slowly and seem to stay small forever. lol There's a lot of variety in morphs, but not enough that it gets boring and you think "another morph? seriously?" even if you think the morph is beautiful and unique it still kinda just blends in with everything else, like with ball pythons or corn snakes.

I like the patience it takes to wait for them to become mature, even if you want them to grow up fast, I just like that slower pace, seems rewarding when they finally get to size. Also, there's hardly a species in the other groups that beats a Brazilian rainbow boa or boa constrictor for color and pattern in my book. Retics are the only ones that come close (have you seen the jaguar retics???? wow).