border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-19, 11:38 AM   #1
condescomputers

Cage for Blood Pythons

I need to build a tank for my Blood Python in about 1 to 1.5 years from now. I am planning on doing 3 6'x2'x18" cages. I have been trying to figure out who to go to for these cages. Id like to spend no more than $1500 I have a friend that can build them, but I need some plans. Does anyone have plans for a 6'x2'x2' or 6'x2'x18". My biggest issue is that the cages have to be baby/toddler proof. We are trying to have a baby within the next couple months.

To be baby proof I was thinking of doing them with sliding glass, and a jewelry case lock. I also need to look at how to heat the cages. If anyone that lives in AZ has experience with building cages I would like to meet with them and possibly pay them for the plans, or play them to build the cages and the plans.

I need to make a stand for the cages as well. I think my buddy can do that for sure. He has never made a snake cage before, so that is the reason I am looking for designs for him to look at.

So overall I need 3 cages 6'x2'18". The have to be baby proof. Heating has to be integrated with a thermostat for each cage. Please anyone that knows where I can get this, or knows where I can get plans just reply.

I already looked at monster cages, and boamasters cages.
Login to remove ads
Old 03-26-19, 01:55 PM   #2
craigafrechette

Re: Cage for Blood Pythons

Animal Plastics is one of the most common. Pretty much everybody I know who has them says they love them and they're worth every penny.

Just a thought, but with bloods being 100% terrestrial, the 2' height would be a lot of wasted space. 18" would be plenty, while still being easy to clean.

Many people I know who buy the AP T8 wish they went T10 simply because the 12" height of the T8 makes it difficult to clean.

I'm currently saving my pennies for some APs or to build my own stack. I've been planning on building my own, but with all the great feedback I've heard about AP I may just buy them.
Old 03-26-19, 04:33 PM   #3
condescomputers

One question. Cages vs Racks. Benefits and downsides of using both when caring for Small to Medium pythons? Say 6-11 Ft
Old 03-28-19, 10:18 AM   #4
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

You will need cages for blood pythons. Their weight will be a problem for a rack system for the most part.
Closed Thread