border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-20, 08:16 PM   #1
noodledude95

Normal... Or not so normal?

Hello all! My name is Michael and I stumbled onto this forum from a Google search. I started my adventure into the herp world when I was a kid, starting out when leopard geckos were all the craze. Moved onto ball pythons when I hit college. I went into a Petsmart yesterday to buy a new leash for my dog and stumbled by the reptile section... A sweet little baby ball caught my eye and of course I couldn't resist saving it from the pet store. Petsmart says that she was 3 months old and had just arrived a couple hours prior from their breeder in Alaska. Had to get her. Took her to the vet today and she was sexed as a female weighing in at 110 grams. Perfectly healthy and they were very pleased with her. Petsmart says shes a normal but I feel like her coloring is much brighter than a regular normal. Can I get any opinions on this? I may be reaching but I felt like she looks more like a Pastel. Any thoughts or pointers are appreciated! [IMG][/IMG]

Login to remove ads
Old 05-02-20, 03:02 PM   #2
ClockwerkBonnet

Re: Normal... Or not so normal?

Welcome! Five posts are needed for you to post photos.
Old 05-02-20, 03:10 PM   #3
craigafrechette

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodledude95 View Post
Hello all! My name is Michael and I stumbled onto this forum from a Google search. I started my adventure into the herp world when I was a kid, starting out when leopard geckos were all the craze. Moved onto ball pythons when I hit college. I went into a Petsmart yesterday to buy a new leash for my dog and stumbled by the reptile section... A sweet little baby ball caught my eye and of course I couldn't resist saving it from the pet store. Petsmart says that she was 3 months old and had just arrived a couple hours prior from their breeder in Alaska. Had to get her. Took her to the vet today and she was sexed as a female weighing in at 110 grams. Perfectly healthy and they were very pleased with her. Petsmart says shes a normal but I feel like her coloring is much brighter than a regular normal. Can I get any opinions on this? I may be reaching but I felt like she looks more like a Pastel. Any thoughts or pointers are appreciated! [IMG][/IMG]

Congrats on your new snake. Just an FYI though, you're not "saving it" from the pet store. Buying from those stores only puts money in their accounts to purchase and mistreat more animals.
R.I.P. Django
Old 05-02-20, 04:20 PM   #4
dangernoodles

Agree with Craig, it's not rescuing if you pay full price from a big box chain. But, regardless, congratulations on your new ball python and welcome to the forum.
Closed Thread