border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > sSNAKESs.com Forums > sSNAKESs.com

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-05, 05:33 PM   #46
Shane Tesser

Joe, we must have answered at the same time...thanks man...and yes i know i still owe you a beer! Or is it a couple of dozen by now lol!!!
Old 03-18-05, 05:42 PM   #47
greenman1867

This is all just to weird for me. None of these supermods/admin have been around for months (well 3 as I know it) and now there is a problem they are coming out of the wood work. I am glad you are all aking an interest but wow, why wait til the ship starts sinking? I was totally and truely amazed when Jeff/Admin came on and said he didn't even have an account anymore. Wow, thats a true lack of interest.

Good job you are all back, hope it works out. This is/was a great forum with fantastic people. Not to mention the wealth of info already here.

Shawn
The more I know humans the more I like dogs!!!
2.9 BP, 1.1 IJ Carpet, 0.1 Cali King, 1.1 Great Dane, 1.0 Grey Hound and lots of pet rats dumbos, hairless and others
Old 03-18-05, 05:55 PM   #48
bighillreptiles

Send a message via MSN to bighillreptiles Send a message via Yahoo to bighillreptiles
Over the last few days this sit looks more like a soap opra than a reptile site . The only thing that bug's me is that the site owner did not care enough for the site to step up to the plate and let the ones that made the site what it is know what was going on in the first place and not let things get this far out of hand , Time will tell but I take pride in being Canadian not the American and i still fell like the site has sold out to the USA
Old 03-18-05, 06:17 PM   #49
JAdkins2451

Send a message via MSN to JAdkins2451
I am personally dont have anything against the mods or the site. I will continue to be a member here, if it wasnt for this site I wouldnt know half the stuff I do. I think its great that people are being patriotic and are loving Canada. But just because this site was sold to the states dosent mean its still not " canadian ". I also wanted to know what was going on with the admin, and he have found out that they are going to take care of the site. I belive the mods will contiue to do a great job.
Just my 2 cent

Jamie
Old 03-18-05, 06:46 PM   #50
Bartman

Send a message via ICQ to Bartman
I personally dont care who or how or whatever this site was sold to, but its crap that all the owners of the site didnt give a crap about its members and hid in the shadows while the mods tried as hard as they could to keep us calm.

I'd hate to leave here, but I think Reptiles Cannada will be way better and its owners, as of now at least, really care for its members. How can you run a site when the person who makes all the changes/decisions is never there....
Old 03-18-05, 07:18 PM   #51
evil11

Send a message via AIM to evil11 Send a message via Yahoo to evil11
i just joined this site a little over a week ago. im in the US. i thought to myself that this is a really good site. the people are cool. but after reading all this US stuff i feel like an outsider and US people really arn't wanted.
Old 03-18-05, 07:36 PM   #52
joey

...don't worry anout it evil11. I'm from the US too and I think the people who have probs with 'our kind' are leaving anyway. They are just using american members to blame it on. Shame on them---they're clueless.

Stick around, I am.
Old 03-18-05, 07:43 PM   #53
clint545

Send a message via MSN to clint545
still can't get over the whole Canada/US thing myself. We're all here for a common purpose aren't we? Oh well, keep on truckin'
Old 03-18-05, 07:50 PM   #54
DragnDrop

Quote:
Originally posted by joey
They are just using american members to blame it on. Shame on them---they're clueless.
Heck, just learn to love poutine and we won't know you're different.

Maybe it's just a major case of cabin fever. Things will settle down before long. I'm confident ssnakess will live long and prosper.
Old 03-18-05, 07:50 PM   #55
greenman1867

It's not the US members. It's that the site was sold to US interests. If you look back at the vast majority of your posts evil11 you will know that there is no real hard feelings to our non Canadian friends. I think alot of people are putting their emotions into words which are not coming across as intended.

Canadians in general have a big chip on their shoulders when it come to the US a a whole, but not towards individuals. IMO it's really more of a little brother complex than anything.

Regardless, be assured there are no hard feelings towards any US people, just the US $$$ which bought out the site.

Shawn
The more I know humans the more I like dogs!!!
2.9 BP, 1.1 IJ Carpet, 0.1 Cali King, 1.1 Great Dane, 1.0 Grey Hound and lots of pet rats dumbos, hairless and others

Last edited by greenman1867; 03-18-05 at 07:58 PM..
Login to remove ads
Old 03-18-05, 08:03 PM   #56
BOAS_N_PYTHONS

After reading more into all this situation from a few threads I can understand why the members are upset. More so because the administration had things in the works and kept it from the people who made this site great - members, posters, advice givers and helpers, supporters, advertisers and the team of moderators that tried their best to keep things calm and civil. Sure we can' t all get along and this also means members / moderators, but over all and in general the team did a great job.

Making comments that the site has gone American or sold out is mighty strong words that are directed to the administration and new owners I think. But members that are American are also offended by these comments. And they should be because we as the Canadian community are not really stating in detail just generalizing and that is not really fair.

To all American members, I hope these comments don' t change your view of the forum and Canada' s reaction to the current events. As you can see we are a bit upset but this is not directed to you. This forum was one of the best Canadian forums for many reasons but a major one in my mind was that we are a small community and this place was like a meeting place for people who enjoy reptilian pets, we do the chat, info and sharing advice and photos like any forum but this particular one was a popular one for us. I am member to many USA sites as well and again all are great each has something great about it.

I think I read something about worrying this site will be over run commercially by Americans now, that may happen....but what does that really matter. I and many others agree once in awhile we see some new website and animals that are in the USA and praise that. Even some of us actually venture forward and import beautiful animals that become established here in Canada. So I think in the end we are just one large community that has its goods / bads but we all have 1 similarity and that is gaining the knowledge to provide the best for our animals.

Final note leave the political (this / that) out of it, and lets help this and all other forums evolve into the best information on the net. There is enough room for everyone, and a little diversity is how we are evolve, and grow.

Old 03-18-05, 08:09 PM   #57
bighillreptiles

Send a message via MSN to bighillreptiles Send a message via Yahoo to bighillreptiles
I haave no problam with the USA just don't like It when all of the Things we as Canadians work for go south like ower Jobs and things of that nature I could care less where or who Picked up the tab It should of stayed in canada Or at least given us canadians first chance not one person like Jeff said he offered It to and keeping all of the members and suporter in the dark for so long and letting the Mods take the heat for his mistakes .Sorry if i ofended anny one from the USA but It is not there falt at all Jusst the admins that don't give a **** abought anny thing except them selfs
Old 03-18-05, 08:15 PM   #58
evil11

well thanks everyone for clearing that up so far i like everybody here. i am not offended. i just didn't want to stay if i wasn't welcome here. i belong to like 7 sites and this one is one of my very favorites so far.
Old 03-18-05, 08:53 PM   #59
SnakeyeZ

Send a message via ICQ to SnakeyeZ Send a message via MSN to SnakeyeZ
Oh boy, leave the computer for a few days..and things are all blown up. In my opinion who cares if its american owned...or canadian owned...we all herpers anyways, what does where we live hafta do with anything anyway?
I know quite a few americans on here and I treat them the same as I would another canadian. Its a forum with PLENTY of room for everyone..the more users there is, the more information and opinions we get!
So if we cant all get along under one roof...why do we bother comming here? Im canadian and I moderate another american room..and see no harm in it. Just my thought...

Think this whole discussion got a little bit off topic...but doesnt it always...
Old 03-18-05, 08:55 PM   #60
evil11

and us herpers need to stick together
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread