border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Reptile Clubs / Societies > General Information

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-05, 11:47 PM   #1
The Snakeman

Ontario Herp Society?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to contact the Ontario Herpetological Society?

I found a dead end link to this org. on Kingsnake.ca seems they were hosting the site.

I was on the executive of this group back in the 1970's but have been out of this business since that time.

Any help with a name and number would be great.

Thanks....

Bill
Login to remove ads
Old 02-01-05, 11:57 PM   #2
Stockwell

It folded and is no longer.
It's a Lifestyle
celebrating 26 years of herp breeding
Old 02-02-05, 12:04 AM   #3
Jason Wakelin

Roy,

The website folded, or the OHS folded? It sounds like the OHS, but I'm hoping just the website. If so (the club) when?, and why? I'm shocked at this turn of events. But it just shows how far "out of the loop" I am out here.

Thanks,
Jason

Old 02-02-05, 12:20 AM   #4
JD@reptiles

Send a message via MSN to JD@reptiles
the OHS has been down for a while now. I don't know 100% why they are gone, so i will let somone else answer that. i was a member for a while, than i didn;t get any more herp news.

"I Don't Get Mad, I Get Even!"
Old 02-02-05, 12:36 AM   #5
Stockwell

Hi Jason. The OHS is no longer. You're currently using what is more and more becoming the "new club"
The internet is now filling many of the former needs that were the basis for bricks and mortar clubs physical meetings, and paper newsletters.
Access to information and participation and interaction with other herpers, is transitioning away from the old days of getting together in one place.
In todays high speed world it's becoming ever increasingly difficult to get a bunch of people together at one time for meetings. With things like e-mail and forum boards like this one, that can be accessed any time of the day, at the users convenience, the concept of printed and mailed newsletters, and after dinner drives to legion halls etc. is really becoming non-viable, now that there is a more convenient alternative.
Regional herp shows and swap meets are also now a reality when previously just a dream, and they too have also become the replacement format for herpers that want to meet, see guest speakers, gab and see animals all at the same venue.
It's a Lifestyle
celebrating 26 years of herp breeding

Last edited by Stockwell; 02-02-05 at 01:20 AM..
Login to remove ads
Old 02-02-05, 01:27 AM   #6
Jason Wakelin

Roy,

Fair enough, thanks for the response. What you say makes alot of sence. But in a way it seems a bit of a shame, as I sure have some great memories of the OHS meetings I went to.

Thanks Roy,
Jason

Old 02-02-05, 08:01 AM   #7
The Snakeman

Thanks Stockwell, for the update. It certainly is understandable given todays technology and peoples time commitments.

I see that you have been around for while in this business. I am trying to track down an old friend in the herp bus. and an old supplier I used.

His name is Malcolm Enright AKA Blue Enright. If anyone knows him please let me know.

Thanks....

Bill
Old 02-02-05, 10:43 AM   #8
Jason Wakelin

Hi Snakeman,

I know Blue, I used to work for him at his reptile display in Niagara Falls. I haven't spoken to him (or June) in years. But, the last time I was chatting with Tom Mason he mentioned that Blue had moved to a house "just down the road" from him. If someone else (ex. Roy, or ???) doesn't help first I'll try and dig up his number, so he can tell Blue about this. It could take a couple of days, so let me know (PM or e-mail) if you have been helped.

Actually, I just remembered. I'm pretty sure Tom's number hasn't changed in years, so if you have any old OHS newsletters you should be able to call him yourself. Either way, let me know. And if you do contact Blue, please tell him I say "hi", if you could.

Jason

Old 02-02-05, 11:25 AM   #9
The Snakeman

Blue

Hi Jason,

Hey thanks for the info. Its great hear that someone knows him. I would love to get in touch with him again.

I haven't seen him in over 20 years.

Are you attending the Reptile Expo later this month?

I would like to meet.

ttul...

Bill
Old 02-02-05, 01:41 PM   #10
Jason Wakelin

Hi Bill,

To know Blue is to love him. He is quite the character, always full of stories. It's probably been 15 or so years since I've seen him too. Make sure to let me know if you have problems tracking him down. But there should be enough "old school" herpers in your neck of the woods to help out.

Sorry, I won't be at the expo. I'm stuck out here in Vancouver. But have fun, and tell Blue I said "hi".

Jason

Login to remove ads
Old 02-02-05, 10:47 PM   #11
The Snakeman

Hi Jason,

I did not realize that you were on the west coast.

I will let you know if I track him down and mention your name. If you should find his contact info first, please say hi from Bill Yager.

>I haven't spoken to him (or June) in years.

I gather that June is his wife, Last that I saw of Blue he had recently seperated from his first wife Susan. It has been awhile.

I hope the wheather out there is better than what we have here.

Anyways, nice chatting ttul...

Bill
Closed Thread