border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Morelia Spilota

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-16, 09:39 PM   #31
phassin

Re: Jag Carpet Project

Alright so I went to my first Repticon show ever looking for a female for my project and I came out empty! Not knowing what to expect, I thought I would have a nice selection of carpets to choose from while in reality there was one adult female and probably three or four babies. I decided to keep looking and I checked online to find a lovely adult female on kingsnake. I looked around a bit and figured she's the one. Pictures to come soon

BTW Repticon is sweet. I'll definitely be going back at some point. My girlfriend ended up buying a cute little Tessera Corn. She's tiny! They had some other awesome snakes, even if 90% of the selection was boas or balls. The most impressive animals were the massive tegus and monitors though. Some of them didn't even look real to me lol.

On a different topic, my jag has been doing really well in his new enclosure. He's using all of the hides I've laid out and I've added a few live plants to keep oxygen/humidity levels up. One odd thing is he doesn't ever seem to use the hot spots. I'm going to add a UTH under one hide because the I worry he won't use the basking spot as it may be too open a location for him to get comfortable. I was hoping the CHE would heat inside his hide a bit more, but he stays way in the back anyways where the temp is probably hovering around 78-82 F depending on my room temp.
Old 06-05-16, 10:30 PM   #32
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Do you have a perch underneath the CHE? If he has a basking spot of about 90 available and the ambient temps are 78-82 that sounds pretty good. Can't wait to see your female.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 06-06-16, 09:03 AM   #33
phassin

Yea there is a perch underneath the CHE and it was around 92, but I think my room temp was pretty low so I need to regulate a bit. Because the perch heights are different for each enclosure, I can't regulate both off of the same thermostat and I think I'm going to get a pair of dimmers.

I can't wait to post the girl! She arrives Tuesday so I'll get a good pic then, but from what I saw she's very clean and very yellow.
Old 06-07-16, 11:22 AM   #34
phassin

Alright she just arrived! She's super calm and exploratory. She hasn't shed in a little over a month so she's not as bright right now but this is her. She's in a temporary cage at my parents (they live nearby and my mom was available to get her off the doorstep) until I can get off work and bring her home. Now I need a name!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (25.3 KB, 88 views)
Old 06-07-16, 08:23 PM   #35
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Congrats Phassin. That's a nice looking carpet. How old is she and how's her temperament?
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Login to remove ads
Old 06-08-16, 06:53 AM   #36
phassin

Thanks Zig. She's a little over 2 years old and about 5 feet long. Her temperament is great so far. Completely docile during the drive and transfer to her cage (I did hold her for a few guilty minutes ). She's been exploring her new environment and seems to be adjusting well.
Old 06-11-16, 11:00 AM   #37
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

ive found irian jags colour up well and look great until they hit roughly 5 years old,then their yellow tends to wash out and turn a creamy dull white colour

high quality diamond jungle jags are my favorite combo,using a diamond jungle x a high quality jag

the Gamma jag bloodline imo are the best jags out there

MDT on here has one,the lucky guy

jag x jag will give jags,siblings and you will get some leucistic hatchlings,that usually die in the egg or at best a few hours out the egg,as far as i'm aware a leucy jag has never survived

cheers shaun
Old 06-11-16, 05:51 PM   #38
phassin

Shaun I almost went with a pretty jungle diamond female I saw for sale. You know.... I think I probably could have gotten some beautiful little babies out if her, but I think in my heart I wanted a jungle carpet Python in my collection next. The girl I got has a vandevetner bloodline (I think with futo as well) and has a strong, clean yellow color and I really like it. I do agree though that th gammas are out of this world. MDT is a lucky guy.
Old 06-25-16, 01:48 PM   #39
phassin

I picked out a name for the new girl. She is now Madam Curi for her extra curious nature.

When I had her in her cage the first day, I had took out my boy, Jacaré and as soon as she saw him, she went bananas! I didn't think carpets were social so I was surprised to see her reaction. She was right up on the glass just staring at him. I let her out so she could great him and they seemed to get along great. After 15 minutes of smelling each other, she slithered right back into her cage and that was that. Very cool to see.

She shed in my car for the first time so I finally got some pictures of her nice coat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (102.1 KB, 64 views)
Old 06-25-16, 02:31 PM   #40
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

She's looking great phassin.
Login to remove ads
Old 08-03-16, 11:00 AM   #41
phassin

Another snake added to the collection. I actually spoke with a big time breeder and was about to buy a snake. I told him about my project and he told me it was a bad idea because the babies would "probably look like sh*t".... So i decided to not buy from him lol and found this little guy on discount! VPI and Mutton lines. His parents look really nice. I still gotta name him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1 (5).jpg (24.4 KB, 48 views)
Old 08-03-16, 11:16 AM   #42
sattva

There is just something about a Carpet that is so different then any other snake... Very cool...
Leon- 1.0 Lemon Ball, aka Russo Het White Diamond Ball Python... Crystal's boyfriend...
Old 08-03-16, 01:15 PM   #43
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

You're on a roll Phassin. Congrats on adding another gem added to your collection.
Old 08-03-16, 07:47 PM   #44
franks

Morelia is an addiction.
Old 08-03-16, 08:18 PM   #45
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by franks View Post
Morelia is an addiction.
Ain't that the truth?!
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread

Tags
breeding, carpet python, jaguar