sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/index.php)
-   Aquatic forum (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   55 gallon freshwater tank (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111128)

Salty Rob 12-10-15 11:33 PM

55 gallon freshwater tank

5 Attachment(s)
First I'll post some before pics.

Salty Rob 12-10-15 11:41 PM

Re: 55 gallon freshwater tank

3 Attachment(s)
Now for some after pics. I redid the aquascape.

Salty Rob 12-10-15 11:51 PM

4 Attachment(s)
After continued

Salty Rob 12-10-15 11:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Some of my fish. I have red eye tetras, a sucker fish, a Australian white crayfish, a sucker fish, a black kuhli loaches.

Salty Rob 12-11-15 12:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Next I'm getting some bleeding heart tetras. And a few more relaxed fish. Pics provided by Bing.com

trailblazer295 12-11-15 07:13 AM

Nice tank, good call on the black khulin loaches a lot more active then banded ones for some weird reason.

Bandit 12-11-15 10:25 AM

Cool tank! I hope that down the line I can get into fish again. I still have my 29g that I'm "keeping up with." Basically, I'm just maintaining it until all of the fish die out because I just don't have the time or the money right now to continue to build it up, get new fish, etc.

The four fish still in there are a huge rainbow shark who I've had for 10.5 years, and 3 zebra loaches who I've had for about 6 years.

Salty Rob 12-11-15 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trailblazer295 (Post 981026)
Nice tank, good call on the black khulin loaches a lot more active then banded ones for some weird reason.

Yea I had a few of them but traded them for the black ones for they reason. And thanks.

Salty Rob 12-11-15 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandit (Post 981037)
Cool tank! I hope that down the line I can get into fish again. I still have my 29g that I'm "keeping up with." Basically, I'm just maintaining it until all of the fish die out because I just don't have the time or the money right now to continue to build it up, get new fish, etc.

The four fish still in there are a huge rainbow shark who I've had for 10.5 years, and 3 zebra loaches who I've had for about 6 years.

Thanks. And I would love to see pics of you shark.

Salty Rob 12-11-15 11:22 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Updated pics from a few minutes ago. It is now crystal clear.

Bandit 12-11-15 11:39 AM

I will do my best to get some once I get back in town on Tuesday.

He's a tough fish. He has managed to survive ick outbreaks, extended power outages which got the tank all nasty, and he even lived in a pitcher of water with two other fish for a while after a hurricane lol.

Salty Rob 12-11-15 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandit (Post 981049)
I will do my best to get some once I get back in town on Tuesday.

He's a tough fish. He has managed to survive ick outbreaks, extended power outages which got the tank all nasty, and he even lived in a pitcher of water with two other fish for a while after a hurricane lol.

That's crazy but awesome at the same time

Bandit 12-11-15 11:56 AM

I'll try my best to get a picture. I may look for an old picture if I can find one though. He's become more secretive as he's gotten older and hangs out in a big piece of driftwood most of the time. Very difficult to get an extended look at, much less a picture.

Salty Rob 12-11-15 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandit (Post 981054)
I'll try my best to get a picture. I may look for an old picture if I can find one though. He's become more secretive as he's gotten older and hangs out in a big piece of driftwood most of the time. Very difficult to get an extended look at, much less a picture.

That's awesome. And I wish u luck with the pic

Bandit 12-16-15 01:26 PM

Well I managed to get a decent picture of the Rainbow Shark. More difficult than I would have thought. The second I turn the room light on, he hides. So I left the light off and crawled in the room, but he still saw me and went into his log. Then, he saw me crouching below the desk so he would poke his head out every 5-10 seconds and if I was still there he would go back in. I had to lay completely on the floor beside the desk in the dark for him to come out and not see me. Hence the weird angle of the picture lol.

Anyway, excuse the poor picture quality. It was on my phone and I had to zoom, which makes the quality even worse. And also excuse how bland the tank is. Like I said before, I'm just maintaining it until the fish die (which may never happen at this rate). There's not much up top because the only fish that are left are bottom-dwelling fish.

http://i65.tinypic.com/294gwuc.png