sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/index.php)
-   Front Page Polls (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   What brought you here.. (https://www.ssnakess.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88370)

infernalis 09-20-11 06:25 PM

What brought you here..

In the last year we have seen amazing growth, seems every day we have new members.

So what persuaded you to join the forum?

Feel free to discuss and elaborate, Fill out the poll if you like.

You may pick more than one when voting, click all replies that apply.

CK SandBoas 09-20-11 06:36 PM

Re: What brought you here..

I had found this forum during a search, and usually, before i join any forum, being for reptiles, or one of my other interests, tattoos and body piercings, i tend to be a lurker for quite a while, just soaking up the knowledge and trying to get up the courage to actually interact, since i'm quite shy, personality wise.

I really love the atmosphere here, very laid back and extremely friendly, and i am very glad i joined:). I also enjoy hearing about other people's experiences with their various reptiles, be it snakes, geckos, etc. And i'm always eager to learn, because i know there is so many things i might not know.

stephanbakir 09-20-11 06:37 PM

Saw Waynes amazing thamnophis collection. Found during a search and loved the quality of the members.

Snakefood 09-20-11 06:40 PM

I was searching out food sizes for various snakes as I provide some of the larger prey items for snakes in my area (rabbits, chickens, ect..) And I found the `food for thought`part, which was very informative.

After many discussions with my customers and having such good subjects to participate in or just read through, I started to fall in love with the snakes themselves. Hubby bought me my first 3 snakes this summer.

I am a member of some other forums, but this is the one I participate in the most. The others I go to because I am participating ina particular thread, or simply put..... to amuse myself with all thier bickering back and forth!!

But I come here to learn, help where I can and to discuss snakes with a bunch of good people.

youngster 09-20-11 06:58 PM

I was searching something about corn snakes, looked through a thread for like 3 pages before I realized it was a forum :P Didn't do any lurking I just felt compelled to join. :D

Kayla90 09-20-11 07:39 PM

I was researching Reptiles, and stumbled upon this site. It was the first one with actual helpful answers, and the people seemed to be quite helpful so I decided it would be a good community to be apart of..

DeesBalls 09-20-11 07:56 PM

Well, 4 yrs ago when i joined... (i think 4 yrs ago) i just got my KSB and was a lurker for a bit... decided to join after a while after seeing how helpful Wayne (Infernalis) was and still is today, so, an easier answer... the helpful people.... (i.e. LankyRob, Mykee, Infernalis, and many, many more!!!)

lady_bug87 09-20-11 08:16 PM

I was searching info for my lizards a looong time ago so Ive been lurking for a while (like a year) I was really really new at reptiles and wasn't sure I could give any useful information then when I started reading threads and found I could answer some questions or at least knew enough to comment with some intelligence I decided to join besides the members seemed really nice and you all are!!

infernalis 09-20-11 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lady_bug87 (Post 634145)
I was searching info for my lizards a looong time ago so Ive been lurking for a while (like a year) I was really really new at reptiles and wasn't sure I could give any useful information then when I started reading threads and found I could answer some questions or at least knew enough to comment with some intelligence I decided to join besides the members seemed really nice and you all are!!

Thing is, no one needs to have any answers, join in and ask questions, make small talk, just visit....:)

lady_bug87 09-20-11 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infernalis (Post 634153)
Thing is, no one needs to have any answers, join in and ask questions, make small talk, just visit....:)

lol thats true I am learning that... I just like being useful I guess lol and I am having a wonderful time getting to know everyone

shaunyboy 09-20-11 08:49 PM

i don't know what to vote wayne as.....

i joined because i liked the atmosphere and knowledge available on here in equal measures

sorry for being finicky but i honestly cannot decide ?

cheers shaun

infernalis 09-20-11 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaunyboy (Post 634159)
i don't know what to vote wayne as.....

i joined because i liked the atmosphere and knowledge available on here in equal measures

sorry for being finicky but i honestly cannot decide ?

cheers shaun

This poll allowes more than one answer.

TeaNinja 09-20-11 11:38 PM

i'm pretty sure i just happened to stumble upon the forum.

SnakeyJay 09-20-11 11:52 PM

Came across thr forum while searching for brb husbandry info. The atmosphere and quality of convosation here is amazing. :D

presspirate 09-21-11 02:48 AM

I came accross the forums in a search and lurked for a couple months before I realized there was a minimum of attack mongers here and I joined. I've joined a few other forums since, but this is the only one I keep coming back to.