9 cardinal neon
9 rummynose
3 flying fox
6 corydoras
2 amano shrimp
1 zebra pleco

enjoy corrado
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0004.jpg (48.0 KB, 50 views)
Login to remove ads
Old 09-28-02, 04:19 PM   #2
corr

Looks awesome corrado! Is that DIY CO2 on the floor? How do the Angels and Discus get along?
Old 09-28-02, 04:32 PM   #3
sSNAKESs.com

Wow, nice tank, just curious about the discus and the angels as well.....plus flying foxes??? Don't discus require a large tank? As do Angels?
Old 09-28-02, 04:37 PM   #4
corrado

yes corr it's a DIY CO2 and it work great it's a long time i use that just look my plant! and for the discus and angel they get along whit no problem i gone to do another post of my discus how do you put 2 or 3 pics at the same time??
Old 09-28-02, 04:47 PM   #5
corrado

Hi Jeff i dont know if you remember me at the 15 sept reptile show i buy you a probing kit i'm the french from montreal `

ok i have no problem whit my discus in my 48g my tank is not wide but she is 4 feet long and for the discus and angel it's look like they dont see each other so = no problem dont be scared to put angel and discus together trust me.
Login to remove ads
Old 09-28-02, 06:22 PM   #6
corr

I use DIY CO2 as well and it makes a HUGE difference, provided there is enough light of course. Glad the Discus and Angels are working out for you. Personally, I would just go with one or the other but hey, whatever works!

Jeff, a flying fox is also called a Siamese Algae Eater (wrongly). They look a lot like Chinese Algae Eaters but with two definite stripes. Plus, they don't get as big.

Beautiful tank corrado!!
Old 09-28-02, 07:50 PM   #7
Shane Tesser

Good to see everything is working out for you. It is working because the fish are so far small. Later when they get bigger in size, your discus will probably die....flat out, i wont sugar coat it for you. Discus and angels do not mix. Read any reputable book on them and you will soon find out. Actually, flying foxes are often to aggressive for them....basically any fast swimming fish and discus dont mix. As for the rest of the set up, cool, but if any of these fish grow you are definately going to need a bigger tank. Both Discus and Angels need tall tanks. Discus need soft acidic water, and lots of roots, and shaded areas to be successful. Sorry, i dont mean to criticize but after keeping discus for many years, i know what they can, and what they cant be mixed with. Bottom line, if you want them to live, remove the flying foxes and the angels!
Old 09-28-02, 08:42 PM   #8
corrado

thank you guys

Shane my discus and angel are full grown and the tank is running for about 3 years it's a long time i keep fish and i work in a pet store in the fish and reptile departement so it's the best place to try someting.

p.s dont worry im not mad it's work for me
Old 09-29-02, 07:28 PM   #9
Shane Tesser

WOW, a dicus a full 8" and managing to keep them all alive in a 48g with full size angels, now that is an accomplishment, congrats
Closed Thread