View Single Post
Old 06-10-04, 02:31 PM   #20
lostwithin

Send a message via MSN to lostwithin
Marc, I'm glad you found that information helpful, but if you wouldn’t mind maybe you could remove it from this post and just pm those interested the link? Like some people have pointed out, although the list is VERY outdated it is still in fact a valid list. And the fact you could go years owning herps without even knowing about it should prove something. Just think if somebody in the city who is terrified of snakes stumbles across the list? And begins too complain it could end your fight before you even get a chance too start it. Some things are buried for a reason.

I would like too see the list changed though. but it is very unlikely. It's not like you can just demand it. You would have too have the right people and enough of them on your side too change it.

You do have some good ideas though, maybe you should work on one thing at a time, first work on getting a Moncton herp club, then possibly once you have that properly up and running, try too get something provincial going. You have too establish yourself or I should say your society before anybody will even consider listing too you.

For now Keep me updated on what’s going on with it, I will help in any way I can. but don’t try too bite off more then you can chew right away. Good things take time. And if you would please consider removing the list, maybe just replace it with a message saying,

"Many common reptiles owned by private collectors and being sold too the public by pet stores do in fact require permits too own in New Brunswick. These animals are being sold too the public without mention too there legal status simply because our provinces list is in urgent need of updating. Some of the most common reptiles in the pet trade today still require permits that nobody has even been informed about. "

As well , if you are seriously considering getting something done about that list (which I do not suggest right at this moment) Try too make contact with other exotic animal owners, Such as Bird owners, If you noticed the list is not reptile specific , ALL exotic animal lists are very outdated. Maybe that’s a way of getting more support.

Devon
Login to remove ads