border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-15, 05:47 PM   #1
DDW

Wink Sneaky Feelings?

I'm just posting this more for fun than anything else (because I enjoy planing sneaky senarios out but don't rely use them)

So I've been researching smaller species like the rosy boas or geckos (gargs mostly) and have been looking around at the rosies's needs. I was bored so I have been thinking about how I can sneak a Rosie into my house without my parents noticing. It would be relatively easy considering it is such a small animal and requires so little space (any good care sheets or info on them would be cool... just for when I start concidering a second snake)

and also the gecko. But I have all the info on them. The garg would be easy since all I'd have to do is order everything and food. (Powder food is awesome) and just find a breeder to order/buy from. Although they can be noisy.

The Rosie however would be a little more difficult. I would have to not only smuggle the enclosure in but also smuggle in heating elements and the right sized food (especially since Glitch will be outgrowing that sized prey for sure and I use the main freezer for the food) and extra bedding.

I think the garg would be more likely therefore. I think this would be fun to talk about. Any stories of when you have had to hide a herp from somebody? Any interesting ideas on how to do this?(let's unleash our sneaky side and have a little fun

As I said before, I am not seriously considering it, I'm only looking for some good conversation and challenge our minds^.=.^
Login to remove ads
Old 07-14-15, 07:14 PM   #2
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Re: Sneaky Feelings?

Three thoughts came to mind .
1. Honesty is the best policy.
2. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
3. I love it when a good plan comes together.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 07-14-15, 07:22 PM   #3
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

I recommend not lying. Trust me, animals aren't what you want to waste a "get out of jail" card on with parents.
Old 07-14-15, 07:22 PM   #4
DDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
Three thoughts came to mind .
1. Honesty is the best policy.
2. Better to ask for forgiveness than permission.
3. I love it when a good plan comes together.
^^^^
I love thisXD
Old 07-14-15, 07:30 PM   #5
DDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
I recommend not lying. Trust me, animals aren't what you want to waste a "get out of jail" card on with parents.
I'm not going to do thisXD I wouldn't be able to lie to my parents like that. I don't think I could stand even sneaking out for a party because I am so close to my parents. I'm just trying to have fun. It's one of those things that are just thought about but never actually done. Besides, I'd probably be able to get them to let me have it anyway. Especially after I get a job and they warm up to Glitch enough. I usually don't ask for specific thing anyhow and they get iritated because I don't really want anything certain for birthdays and Christmas anyway. Lol
back to the subject, no, i wont do this. Only joking around and having fun.
Login to remove ads
Old 07-14-15, 07:50 PM   #6
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness

I am a sneak master! Lol.

Tubs are great for hiding. And honestly anything can be smuged in a little at a time or when parents are gone. Even a uth can be tucked in the back of your pants under your shirt. And if you get a tub, just put all the stuff in the tub, and carey it in. "What's that?" "Just some stuff I picked up for glitch" done!

Take it from someone who is also close with their mom and is a sneaky jerk.....honesty really is key. I was more stressed out hiding everything from my mom than I was when she was yelling and lecturing me lol.

But I'm all for sneaky sceming lol

The Ziggster really said it best lol

I stopped counting at 30....
Old 07-14-15, 08:17 PM   #7
DDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkness View Post
I am a sneak master! Lol.

Tubs are great for hiding. And honestly anything can be smuged in a little at a time or when parents are gone. Even a uth can be tucked in the back of your pants under your shirt. And if you get a tub, just put all the stuff in the tub, and carey it in. "What's that?" "Just some stuff I picked up for glitch" done!

Take it from someone who is also close with their mom and is a sneaky jerk.....honesty really is key. I was more stressed out hiding everything from my mom than I was when she was yelling and lecturing me lol.

But I'm all for sneaky sceming lol

The Ziggster really said it best lol
I get you there, but I'll stick to just imagining. But it's fun to think about. Best case senario for me is if I did that, I hope it was unnoticed for long enough that they figure it's not a big deal.
Old 07-14-15, 08:33 PM   #8
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness

That's what happens with my mom lol. "How long have they been here?!".."2 months."..."TWO MONTHS!..uhg..whatever"

I stopped counting at 30....
Old 07-14-15, 08:36 PM   #9
trailblazer295

You can't be sneaky and honest at the same time. After spilling the beans on how long once you get caught doesn't count lol
Old 07-14-15, 09:06 PM   #10
DDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkness View Post
That's what happens with my mom lol. "How long have they been here?!".."2 months."..."TWO MONTHS!..uhg..whatever"
XD I'd be like "... a few months..." her (what?....how?) Talking about proving it wouldn't change anything in the house XD especially the garg. (But I showed them a video of some sounds gargs can make lol) the first time I asked for a snake, my parents listed (and still do) all the animals that are mine. 2 cats, a dog, and a horse. I'm like snakes aren't expensive once they are set up.
Login to remove ads
Old 07-14-15, 09:06 PM   #11
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Mink you are definitely the sneak master. I've been watching your collection grow under the radar for months. Sneaky but impressive nonetheless.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 07-14-15, 09:17 PM   #12
DDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer295 View Post
You can't be sneaky and honest at the same time. After spilling the beans on how long once you get caught doesn't count lol
Yah, I know that all too well (let's just say I got caught getting extra sweets as a kid... ) I hate to sound spoiled, but if I have a good attitude about it. I can eventually get what I want after some negotiation of some sort. (Snake was I pay for everything for the snake, I feed, handle, ect... make sure it doesn't get out, have a lock on the cage, must be a snake that will look nothing like native species (due my mother's opinion) and she must like the snake's attitude and activity level. And that's why I got an albino BP
Old 07-14-15, 09:19 PM   #13
DDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
Mink you are definitely the sneak master. I've been watching your collection grow under the radar for months. Sneaky but impressive nonetheless.
That Mink is impressively sneaky
Old 07-14-15, 09:32 PM   #14
Jrich

I told my mother I purchased a legless lizard and that was that.
But anyhow once I showed her how small my corn snake was, how big he would become and the care he requires, she seemed much less frightened. Education is key! I always paid for his needs out of my own pocket. It's a great learning experience really but some parents won't buy into it sadly. Now that I'm older and moved out, my collection has grown larger and more diverse. It's worth the wait too but you can't go wrong with a rosy boa. Best of luck.
Old 07-15-15, 10:29 AM   #15
DDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrich View Post
I told my mother I purchased a legless lizard and that was that.
But anyhow once I showed her how small my corn snake was, how big he would become and the care he requires, she seemed much less frightened. Education is key! I always paid for his needs out of my own pocket. It's a great learning experience really but some parents won't buy into it sadly. Now that I'm older and moved out, my collection has grown larger and more diverse. It's worth the wait too but you can't go wrong with a rosy boa. Best of luck.
Thanks for the story and the luck
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread