Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-20, 02:15 PM   #16
poison123

Re: HELP: Stuck shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
Hmmmm...that makes sense i suppose, but I can't imagine air flow is completely restricted. And you'd have to leave the snake in there a LONG time
yeah idk. If you do leave it in there for longer period of time i would think the water would settle lower and airflow would open up unless you just kept moistening it idk.
Old 07-17-20, 02:20 PM   #17
MnGuy

Re: HELP: Stuck shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
Actually, snakes DO stay on their hot spot 24/7... ALL THE TIME... Whenever digesting and often while in shed, both of which take days or sometimes over a week. All of my snakes through 15+ years have spent consecutive days hidden on their hot spot, most every feeding that's where they digest 24/7.

And guess what? Never a single burn or injury. Why? Because my heat mats are properly regulated.

What so hard to understand is how a properly regulated heat mat can injure or burn a snake. If properly set, your hot spot should be no higher than 90°, probably lower for garters.... 90° CAN NOT physically burn a snake. It's not possible. Your hands are warmer than 90°, but your hands aren't capable of producing a burn. See where I'm going with this???

But don't worry, you don't need to explain again.
OK, you just believe whatever you want. I don't know why you want to be argumentative for the sake of it.

I don't know what you keep, but my snakes have never stayed motionless in ONE spot 24/7 underneath their basking light, or before that, on top of their heat mat. Garters are highly active snakes that are out and about several hours of the day. They don't hide like ball pythons or other snakes.

She was stuck on the glass on top of the heat mat. She was not sitting on top of the newspaper. The heat mat was regulated with a thermometer and never went above 85 degrees.

Body temperature is not the same thing as a heat source like a heat mat. That is not even an accurate analogy.
Closed Thread